Wednesday 6 January 2010

Back to work - sort of!

This has been a very strange week so far! On Monday I went back to work for the first time since Christmas, but then yesterday it snowed non-stop all day (about 7+inches overall) and I didn’t make it into work. We had to abandon the car at the end of our road on the bus route and walk back home. This meant that I worked from home instead and Tim had to look after Alex, both having a much needed nap at the same time. Alex and I did get a little time in the snow together during my lunch break which he loved, despite the fact that it was still snowing. We tobogganed together with many shouts and squeals of excitement. Alex pulled the sledge around the estate and generally had a great time deliberately falling over in the snow etc. Today, thanks to the bus route being gritted, we did make it into work so I managed to get one grant signed off and the other posted which was a relief. While I was walking back to the hospital where I work from the research office I went via the main part of the University. I just love the crenulations on this building (Firth Court) and the colour of it in the snow. I also detoured ever so slightly through Western Park where I took these photos. This one is of the museum in the snow. These are the park gates. Not long after these photos were taken it started to snow again, but fortunately not too much. We will have to wait and see if we get anymore overnight. Crafting wise I haven’t done a great deal as I have started with my keep fit regime which limits my time for crafting. I have made this card following this weeks CPS sketch though. The stamps are all Crafty Individual Stamps and the inks are all distressing inks. Have a great rest of the week everyone and stay safe.
Love,
Caro
x

5 comments:

Tami said...

Beautiful photos....and what an adorable card!!

Debbie said...

Hi Caro sorry I haven't been to visit you for a while.
Oooh beautiful photos they are perfect winter pics.
Your card is gorgeous, lovely colours. :)

xxDebbiexx

Lea L. said...

Gorgeous card...and fun photos!! Wonderful job! Thanks for joining as at CPS this week!

♥Lea

LazyKay said...

Beautiful photos, I particularly like the gate one.

Lovely to see Alex and you enjoying the snow.

BEAUTIFUL card, you've made good use of your new inks.

xxxxxxxx

Unknown said...

what a beautiful card, and such gorgeous wintery photos!! thanks for playing along with us at CPS this week ;)