Friday 25 February 2011

Clean and simple cards!

This week I have focussed on making some clean and simple cards with minimal embellishments to fit with the challenge from City Crafter Challenge Blog.  I have to say that I really like this style, although I am still learning how best to get it to work.  This first card was inspired by the coffee and cream colour scheme from Simon says stamp. I used Hero Art, Penny black and Crafty Individuals stamps, distress (3 brown shades) and versafine ink pads. As it is a birthday card it also fits with Flourishes Timeless Tuesday and spoon full of sugar. I am also entering this for the 'in the bottom of my garden lives' challenge from crafty creations.
This second card was another attempt at the Less is More 'Spring' challenge. This time I used the snowdrop stamp three times in embossed boxes and a swirl stamp to the left.  I think I actually prefer my original version, as something doesn't quite work about this although I can't put my finger on what is wrong exactly. Still, it was fun to experiment.
Finally I made another Spring card, which may be slightly too busy for the less is more challenge, although it is still relatively clean and simple. This time I used a flower fairies stamp and coloured her with promarkers in various shades of pink (some look more purply for some reason). I then used nestabilities to cut round her and emboss the edge, and then to mat her onto pink.  I finished the card off with some little pink flowers, a pearl, two punches (leaf and hearts) and the Penny Black 'Happy Birthday sentiment. This card therefore fits with the 'pink' challenge from Ooh La La, the fantasy challenge from creative card crew, 'anything goes' from Flutterby Wednesday and the 'fairy and 2 punches' challenge from Crafty Cardmaker.  That is all from me for now. Apologies for the dodgy photographs, the flash bleached out the colours somewhat. Have a great weekend everyone.
Love,
Caro
x

11 comments:

Jenni said...

Pretty card, love your fairy! Thanks so much for joining in with the Crafty Cardmakers challenge this week.
Jenni x

Kathy said...

What beautiful designs...the clean and simple really suits you. They are all so elegant. Thanks for taking the time to play with us at Simon Says Stamp Challenge. :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful cards, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Ros said...

All these cards are beautiful but I particularly love that butterfly card ... it is stunning! ... Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB

gillyflower said...

what lovely cards love them all thanks for entering your fairy card into the crafty cardmakers challenge
gill

Unknown said...

Every one of your cards are so pretty.. But I have to say I do love the one with the butterfly..
Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

Deb Hickman said...

Such pretty cards, I especially like the butterfly card.x

cnelson said...

Such lovely work! Thank you so much for joining us at CCCB!

Marilyn said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.

Anne said...

Lovely card, thanks for linking up with us at OLL. Hugs x

DesigNeAl said...

I like this "less is more" ;)
Thanks for joining us at Ooh La la with your beautiful card. We hope to see you again soon x