Sunday 27 March 2011

Lovely time!

Well we have had a wonderful time this weekend. Yesterday we did the weekly shop with Alex helping me to push the trolley and then in the afternoon went round to play at a friends house where Alex and Katie had a lovely time leaving the adults to chat nicely. Today we met up with my brother, Andy, and his family for the first time since Christmas. It was so special and lovely to see them all.
We went to an indoor play area in Milton Keynes called 360. It had a great mixture of a soft climbing, slide type area (Alex absolutely loved the very fast, very big slide)
bumper/dodgem type cars which the boys had a go at steering (not Nicholas although he might have been better at steering than Andy!!)
a carousel which they all enjoyed
and an upstairs area with lots of different play shops including a vets with lots of stuffed toys, a supermarket, a clothes shop with lots of dressing up clothes, and best of all as far as the boys were concerned was the mechanics with this car which they had a great time playing in, pretending to fix
and filling the boot with everything from the other shops! All in all it was a fantastic day.
Crafting wise I have made a card and decorated a candle as my contribution to this fortnight's Quirky Crafts challenge. The challenge was set by Diane who challenged us to make a twisted easel card or make a Mother's day present.  Well I had never made a twisted easel card before but I have to say they are really simple to make and very effective.  I decided to make mine for Alex as his 4th birthday is coming up soon (can you believe it!). I am entering this for the Crafty cardmakers 'special birthday' challenge as my son is very special to me so I hope it counts! I am also entering it for the Cazy challenge 'no square cards', Stampavie 'for a boy' and Daring cardmakers 'inspiration from books' (Alex's favourite books are the Octonauts which we have to read EVERY night!) challenges.
The candle is a Mother's Day gift and uses a digital stamp from The stamping Boutique (our sponsor at Quirky crafts this week), which I have coloured in using promarker pens and sakura stardust to give it some sparkle. I then finished it off with ribbon and gems. I am therefore entering this candle into Spoonful of sugar's 'ribbon, rhinestones and flowers' challenge, Tuesday throwdowns 'anything but a card', The pixie cottages 'sparkle', Simon says stamp 'Mother's Day' and Do you stack up 'shine, sparkle and bling' challenges. That is all from me. have a nice week everyone.
Love,
Caro
x

12 comments:

WencheP said...

It's beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Anne said...

Hi Caro so glad you had such a wonderful weekend- you deserved it after your frustrations of last week. It is so wonderful to meet up with our nearest and dearest- especially after a few weeks of not seeing them. Next weekend we are getting together with family and I can't wait. I hope you have a beeter week. Love the candle not looked at your other cards yet, will do later. Anne x

Marcy said...

I love that candle, Caro! It's just so creative and beautiful. Thank you for playing along with us this week at DYSU.

Zuzana Obert said...

What a sweet card! Your son must be very proud ;0) Thank you for joining our Book Club with The Daring Cardmakers this week.

Zuzana x x

Adrina said...

This is oh so beautiful, what a lovely candle!!
Thanks for joining The Pixie Cottage this week.
Adrina XX

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Lovely image! I like the gemstones and the ribbon accents!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Lynda said...

Your card's fab! Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

Lynda xxx

Unknown said...

That is a lovely candle - I have never mastered that technique

kitten DYSU team

Kathy said...

Sounds like a fab time was had by all, Caro,

I love the card you made, it's just perfect for Thanks for The Daring Cardmakers Book Club this week

Sadilla said...

beautiful project thanks for playing along at the pixie cottage
hugs
sadia

Eiglas said...

Super little boy card Hunni!
Thank you for coming over to play at Crafty CardMakers this week!
Hugs
Eiglas
x

WeirdCat said...

Congratulations you won at The Crazy Challenge, please check the blog for further details
Ruth x