Sunday 8 January 2012

Tired weekend!

I know this week was only a 4 day week for us all, but it seems to have left us exhausted.  Alex is extremely tired as a result of another bad cough, and I haven't been sleeping at all well, so we decided to have a very gentle weekend. Yesterday we went out to friends in the afternoon,which Alex loved, but we spent today playing at home, mostly with the quarry set and lego. 
He is getting better at building lego and with some help on how to interpret the instructions, built his first model by himself; this little speedboat. We went out to the park this afternoon and got completely blown to bits!
As a result of the gentle weekend, I have had time to craft including this very purple card for the Less is More 'mostly purple' challenge....I have to say, my heart sank when I read this challenge as I am NOT a purple girl!  However, I did not want to wimp out so here is my attempt... a card for a friend who has recently lost her Mum.  The card was made using purple co-redinations card, purple distress ink for the panel, imperial purple and olympia green versafine ink on the Penny Black iris stamp, and the sentiment was printed using word. I am also entering this into The Pixie Cottage 'monochrome', Flutterby Wednesday 'open' and Pixie Dust 'monochrome' challenges.
I am determined to catch up a bit with my scrapbooking and so made this layout of my extremely cute nephew following this weeks Sketchy Thursday sketch. This layout mostly used scraps of various papers (sorry i don't know which ones), my new buttons, new prima flowers and new little monster. I am therefore entering this into Crazy4challenges, Delicious Doodles, CCT, Simon says stamp, and Fresh Brewed 'use something new' challenges.
Finally I made another layout using entirely scraps of papers (Dovecraft and Doodlebug I think!) and so am entering this into Aud Sentiments 'use scraps' challenge. That is all from me for now.  I hope that you all have a nice week ahead.
Love,
Caro
x

16 comments:

Kathyk said...

Lovely projects and photos. Your LIM sympathy card is lovely and your friend should be comforted to receive it

Kathyk

Unknown said...

Wow how many stunning works. The card is gorgeous and I love the color that you used.
Thank you for playing at The Pixie Cottage this week.
Francy

If you want you can find in my blog a blog candy.

Chrissie said...

Purple is the perfect colour for a sympathy card and this one is just lovely!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Danni said...

Very nice card! thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Scrapmate said...

I love the iris stamp.

ike said...

Great layout and lovely choice of colours. Thank you for joining us at delicious Doodles. :-)
Ike xx
DD DT

Mandi said...

Beautiful card Caro


Thank you so much
mandi
"Less is More"

Von said...

Love your card and your pages are fab :)
Von x

ike said...

Beautiful layout and I love your colour choice. Thank you for sharing with us at Delicious Doodles.
Ike xx
DD DT

Deb said...

fabulous card and layouts!
Many thanks for joining in our first Cute Card Challenge of 2012!
Happy crafting, Debxx

debby4000 said...

Oh what gorgeous creations.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby

Mary Lou said...

Awesome card and the purple monochrome is Gorgeous!!! Thanks for joining us at The Pixie Cottage!!! Your little guy sure looks like he is enjoying his legos!!!
Hugz

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

ADORABLE photos and loveeeeeee the card and lo's!! LOVING that little Tigger! Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Sasha said...

A beautiful card for such a sad occasion. I love the PB stamp you used:)

Julie said...

Perfect sympathy card. Very subdued but elegant!

Ruthie said...

Great Project - one of my faves! Love the photo of grandad with the ball!

Thanks so much for joining in the challenge over at Aud Sentiments

Rx