Sunday 6 January 2013

Outdoors weekend!

Well in some ways this has been an outdoors weekend as we are getting back into the swing of things following Christmas, New Year and a long bout of illness.  The weather has been surprisingly mild so Alex and I went to a different park each day to run off some energy and have some fun.  Yesterday afternoon was spent chasing a cheeky monkey round Endcliffe Park,
whereas today we went to Spider park for some clambering, football and games of chase.
This weekend it is also time for the first QUIRKY CRAFTS challenge of the year.  The theme was chosen by Lyn of  Something New with pink. We have two sponsors this week, Bugaboo and Doodle Dragon.  I was given a cute little image called 'Peapod Boo' to work with so I used her on a New Baby tag.  I inked all around her with distress ink, then stamped swirls with an inkadinkado stamp.  I added the word 'Dream' using a crafty individuals stamp and then added various embellishments from my stash (lace, flowers, star and butterfly).  I am entering this into MTTC 'All about the new', Flutterby Wednesday 'In with the new', Simon Says Stamp 'new something', and Cute card Thursday 'something new'.
I also made a birthday card for my father-in-law using Darkroom Door steampunk and crafty individual stamps and distress inks.  I am entering this into Crafty Creations 'Anything goes', Fresh Brewed 'Anything goes' and Stampin for the weekend 'Anything goes'.  That is all from me.  I am back to work tomorrow, and Alex is back to school.  Have a great week.
Love,
Caro
x

7 comments:

Danni said...

What a sweet tag and wonderful card! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

Lin said...

What a cute little pod girl! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge this week, Caro!

Cazzy said...

Oh what a cheeky face! Love your pretty tag Caro and the balloon card.

Cazzy x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Sounds like you had a fab weekend!
Great tag, love the embellishments & your steampunk card is great!

Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To Craft this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Lynette said...

Great pictures - looks like a fun time! Your cards are wonderful - love the adorable image on the pink one. Thanks for joining the Flutter By Wednesday challenge this week.

Suzie McFloozy said...

Great cards looks like you have been busy what with the crafting and all that fresh air !!
Thanks for playing along with us at SFTW this time & good luck x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

Purple Crazy said...

Fab pictures, he's a cutie, lovely tags too, thanks for sharing at MTTC x