Sunday 17 February 2013

Fun in the sun!

Woo Hoo!  We have had lots of sun this weekend and have enjoyed being out in the park.
Alex even had an ice cream!
Crafting wise it is time for another Quirky Crafts Challenge which was 'a supernatural love story'.  We have two sponsors this week; Doodle Dragon and Limited Runs so do pop by and join in with our challenge.  My first card was used one of the romantic dinosaurs from Doodle Dragon for a Valentine's Day card for Alex who loves dinosaurs. He didn't think it was fair that he made me a card and I hadn't made him one! For this I layered various patterned papers (scraps from my other projects), used a heart die cut, then stamped the freebie wings stamp from this months crafty stamper and cut them out to attach to the heart, then placed the dinosaur on top. The sentiment was specifically designed for Alex as one of our names for him is little monster. I printed it on my computer using a standard windows font. I finished the card off with gold peel offs. I am entering this card into My Time To Craft 'men only', crafty creations 'love and/or hearts', delicious doodles 'for the boys', and All sorts 'things with wings' (I hope a winged heart counts)
My second entry was a tag for Alex's present and used another Doodle Dragon romantic dinosaur and a heart key both coloured in with promarkers. I made the background to this tag using my new gelli plate with two diffferent layers of paint, and then stamped some extra hearts and the word 'love' on top. I finished it off with a Tim Holtz reinforcer, heart brad and painted diecut heart which I doodled on for added impact.   I am entering this into Tuesday Throwdown's 'anything goes' challenge, and Penny's challenge 'use your favourite colour combo' (red is my favourite colour and green is my husbands so I seem to use them together quite a lot!).  That is all from me for now.  Have a great week everyone!
Love,
Caro
x

8 comments:

stampingtink said...

This is too adorable! Love that image and the colors go together perfectly! Thanks so much for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown and I hope you'll be back this next challenge!

Susan, TT DT

Alison Scott said...

Such a cute card for your monster, and the tag too.
You certainly had a lovely weekend - oh for an ice cream day!!!

Julie said...

Two great projects! I love that cute little dino on the tag!

Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown for our anything goes challenge. Hope you can stop by and join us again soon!

Hugs

Julie x

Wendy L said...

Lovely card and so cute too, loving the image, the dragon with wings, thanks for playing at Allsorts this week xxx

Sheila said...

A great card, thanks for sharing at my time to craft, good luck with the challenge x

craftyb said...

Awwww - super cute! the sentiment works so perfectly with this! Im sure the boys loved their cards! Thanks for playing with us at Crafty Creations Challenges! bx

Cazzy said...

Those are both lovely Caro, the dino's are great fun!

Or should I say your Ladyship?

Cazzy x

Anonymous said...

I love your dino card, especially the heart with wings... very supernatural and lovely!
Daire x