Friday 30 August 2013

Somerset smiles!

It is Friday and for once I am actually at home and in a position to join in with  Annie's smiles and Rocking your world Friday. My smiles for this week come from my long weekend in Somerset at my parents house.  I went down last Friday and stayed until Tuesday...Alex is still there and I am collecting him tomorrow.  By all accounts he has had a wonderful time, although I am not surprised since the weather has been beautiful and he has been playing outside all day, every day!
We went to my Aunt's house one day, where Alex fell in love with her big fat ginger cat and spent ages happily lying on the floor stroking her.
Alex had fun feeding the pigs on the nearby small holding
digging potatoes and carrots
picking beans and blackberries for his evening meal
and went on various long bicycle rides (to help increase his confidence)
to the park where he had fun.
I got to spend sometime with my Gran
(a very special lady who is celebrating her 89th birthday later this year) and another close friend who I haven't seen for ages and so I also had a fantastic time.  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and keep smiling.
Love
Caro
x

8 comments:

Annie said...

Such fab pics today Caro. Lots of fun times for Alex and happy family memories too. :-)
Hugs,
Annie x

mamapez5 said...

What a lovely holiday your son had. I am jealous of him stroking the cat. I have had hundreds of cats but I have still never had a long-haired ginger and that is the only new one I want now! The vet is looking out for me, but they are not all that common so I may have along wait. Lucky you, to still have your gran. It must have been good to spend some time with her. Kate x

fairy thoughts said...

Love the picture of Alex cycling away into the distance made me smlle
Janet

Elizabeth said...

Lots to smile about, Caro, and lovely photos too. Your Gran does not look her age, she looks great. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Elizabeth xx

Bridget Larsen said...

aaah sunshine and outdoors makes a child smile, what a wonderful time he looks to be having
Bridget #10

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a fun post. I smiled as big as Alex's when you showed photos of what he had been doing all week. Sounds like a fun time for him, and you, too. Happy, happy Friday Smiles.

Carmen said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time - could your little one's smile get any bigger? :D Gorgeous photos!

Have a great week Caro :)

Virginia said...

Oh some fab rocking moments there. Loving the building the confidence with the bike photo, looks like you've had a fabulous time catching up with family!

Hope you have a good week

Hugs