Wednesday 6 November 2019

WOYWW 544

It's Wednesday and so time for the most wonderful blog hop in the world! What am I talking about?  What's on your Workdesk Wednesday of course!  Check out head desker Julia's blog for all the details.
This is my desk as it was on Tuesday evening - somewhat chaotic as I was making Tim's birthday card so you can see repositionable tape, distress inks and oxides, stamps  and my trusty mug of tea.  There are even some Christmas stamps as I am thinking about what I may do for my cards this year - still not decided!
This is the finished card - the image of the stag is something that means a lot to him, so I hope he likes it.
I am sorry I was missing in action last week - it was half-term and we spent longer than originally anticipated down at my Mum's in Somerset as she needed help clearing out Gran's flat.  It was a heartbreaking task but in the process I have inherited some lovely crafting goodies including lots of paintbrushes and watercolour crayons (and a new kitchen bin and microwave!). My brother and his family were down so the boys had fun playing together and we went for some lovely walks.
Helped Mum pick the apples and pears
I took loads back with me - so fresh and yummy -
And played with JayJay who is not quite so tiny any more, but is still adorable.  That is all I have time for now. I am at work today and then out this evening so may not get the chance to comment until later in the week, but promise that I will do so!  I hope that you have a wonderful week.
With love and God Bless,
Caro
xxx

14 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Every time you use the bin and microwave, you'll think of your lovely gran - I use my mum's veg peeler and it makes me smile. Clearing a loved one's belongings is surprisingly tough so well done for getting it done. You're welcome to have some stockings, can you drop me an email and let me know which colours and how many.
Hugs LLJ 2 xxx

glitterandglue said...

Morning Caro. What a lovely, if poignant, time you all had together as a family. Yes, it's hard, isn't it. Great looking pears - and what a cutie that dog is!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #7

Annie said...

You have been busy during half term. How lovely to inherit crafty goodies...you will enjoy using those I'm sure. I can almost tase those pears from here...I love pears.
Hugs,
Annie x #10

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

aaaw, JJ is the cutest! Show me a dog and I won't have eyes for anything else LOL! Lucky you left him for last! Looks like you had a wonderful time at your mum's - going through a departed loved one's possessions is always bitter-sweet - so many memories attached to every object. Lovely birthday card with those blended colours made with all your heart! Hope you have a good week! zsuzsa #15

Helen said...

Glad you enjoyed half term even if it was partly upsetting. Love the bust desk and card . Helen #4

My name is Cindy said...

Hi there Caro! That's a great card, I'm sure he'll love it. Great that you had some good quality family time even though tinged with a bit of sadness. I bet that stirred up lots of happy memories. Happy WOYWW Cindy #19

StampinCarol said...

Beautiful card!
It's always hard to clean out a loved one's home. I helped clean my gran's when she moved to a nursing home. I ended up with my gramp's desk and some kitchen items.
Anyway, thanks for popping by and have a great week!
Carol N #3

Kathryn Frantz said...

Your desk looks normal to me! Love your finished card! Aren't watercolors fun? I am just at the experimenting stage, but I do have lots of "happy accidents!"
But as for achieving the desired result residing in my mind, . . .not so much!

Those pears look yummy! Such a fun thing to do on an autumn day!

Have a great week! Happy Wednesday!

Little Dorrit does... said...

The birthday card is great - full of meaning and handmade with love - what's not to like?! How lovely to have your Gran's watercolour crayons and brushes. You will be reminded of her every time you use them - with the artistic flair and creativity she also passed on to you!
Amelia #22

Crafting With Jack said...

A happy WOYWW! I love pears I am sure you will enjoy eating those. Your card is great. It is always sad sorting out a loved ones things and I sympathize.

Julia Dunnit said...

Well I’m happy to read that you had some extra time with your Mum - your help would be appreciated but your emotional support, just by being there is priceless. It really is a difficult job. I have some of my Mum’s wooden spoons and having something of hers that I use practically daily has become a great source of comfort, and fun....she would laugh to know after all our jokes about sharing out the inheritance etc that I’m getting such a kick out of her kitchen utensils. I’m sure your husband will love the card, it’s lovely - hope he has a happy birthday. I must intervene at this point and suggest that your tea looks a bit milky to me!!

Sarah Brennan said...

The card is great Caro and I am sure it was well received. Pears are always good for picking (easy to freeze too if you have to many to eat at once). Happy belated WOYWW. Sarah #5

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Hi Caro, i'm glad I popped over as i did not remember seeing your desk.. apologies. It's not an easy task sorting through our loved ones belongings glad you got to share the time doing it with your Mum and found some useful keepsakes in the process. That's a super card, love the surrounding heart a double message within it's design.
Pears are one of my favourite fruits and Sarah is right about the freezing of them. Jay-Jay is a cutie, I really miss not having a dog around :(
Sending warm weekend Hugs & Happy WoywW Tracey #11

Twiglet said...

Hi Caro - bit late as we went up to Yorkshire for a few days. Email me with colours and how many snowmen covers you would like and I will do my best. Just make a donation to your favourite charity - I don't want payment thanks. A lovely post and yes a sad time but also good to spend time with the family. xx Jo