Wednesday 25 May 2022

WOYWW 677

 Hello and welcome back to my blog.  It is time for another edition of What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday, the friendliest blog hop in the world, hosted by the lovely Julia.


My workdesk has had a new large (enormous!) mouse mat put on it so that playing board & card games is easier and smoother.  The mat hides all the nicks and dings that the desk has had through 20 years hard crafting which is an added bonus.  In this photo you can see me mid game - the game is 'Coffee Roaster' which is a solitaire board game where you roast your coffee beans to try and brew the ideal cup of coffee.  It is a fun premise that works well although I wish they did something similar for tea as I don't drink coffee at all!


These are all the lovely ATCs that I received in our anniversary swap last week.  Top row (left to right): Julia, Mary Anne, Cindy and Lyn. Second row: Angela, Angela, Ali & Helen. Third row: Diana, Jan, Annie and jo, and the bottom row is Catriona.  They are all so beautiful and different from each other.  Each a special treasure that I will enjoy immensely.  Thank you all so much.


I haven't had any time to craft this week as I have been busily sanding and painting the kitchen with a mist coat ready for the final colour selection. My shoulders ache like mad but it is nice to have made some progress. Needless to say I have also managed to swim a little as well so I will leave you with a picture of me playing in my local waterfall - it is one of my favourite places. 

Take care and have a good week everyone,

With love & God Bless,
Caro

xxx

14 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Oh what a relief to see my ATC made it to you. I loved yours. Thank you very much. I half expected it to coe in a freezer pack, encased in a block of ice LOL! But no, just in the mail.... We finished out painting just in time for the in-laws to arrive so I sympathize, even if it wasn't ME doing the painting this time. Love you massive mouse mat too BTW
Happy start of year 14!!
Mary Anne (1)

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Huge mouse mats are awesome, we all have them, they are brilliant sp I share your admiration! The game sounds a lot of fun, I do a few online games each day to keep the old grey matter ticking over. Well done on the kitchen painting, it’s going to look so fresh and lovely when you’re done.
Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

Julia Dunnit said...

It’s a beautiful sight, seeing you in the waterfall, I can see totally why you love it, and I expect it did your shoulders some good too! Athletes and footballers have cold or icy baths after a match don’t they, only right that you should after a hard muscle workout painting. My, it is hard work too, but as ever, so worth it, bet you’ll be delighted with the result. You’re right about the ATCS, they are treasure!

Annie said...

It was such a lovely week with love flying around the world. We certainly connected. Thanks for your ATC.
Hugs,
Annie x #8

Crafting With Jack said...

Sanding and painting sounds like hard work! I am guessing swimming strengthens your shoulder muscles, even so, still hard work. Lovely display of received ATC’s. Happy WOYWW. Angela #16

Tracy said...

Goood morning Caro πŸ€—πŸ’•πŸ₯° gorgeous ATC collection you have to treasure ⭐ loving the bright colour of the board game atop the giant mouse mat πŸ˜πŸ˜‰ great idea! Hoping the swim and the waterfall eased your shoulders some πŸ€— love the photo. Sending much love and hugs Tracy #20 xxx

Tracy said...

Goood morning Caro πŸ€—πŸ’•πŸ₯° gorgeous ATC collection you have to treasure ⭐ loving the bright colour of the board game atop the giant mouse mat πŸ˜πŸ˜‰ great idea! Hoping the swim and the waterfall eased your shoulders some πŸ€— love the photo. Sending much love and hugs Tracy #20 xxx

Helen said...

Aren't all the atcs gorgeous! Glad you're getting the swims in xx Helen #2

Anne said...

Love seeing all the ATC's. Anne x 28

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Caro, great collection of ATCs and thanks for the lovely one you sent me too. Good luck with the decorating.Have a great woyww, hugs Angela x14x

Diana Taylor said...

Thank you so much for the beautiful ATC - it was a delight to receive it - it's been such a wonderful week for connecting with people. I lvoe the photo of you in the water - it looks exhilarating.
Hope you have a lovely week,
Diana xx #17

pearshapedcrafting said...

Lovely ATCs! I'm not a swimmer but yo do look to be enjoying the waterfall! Hugs, Chrisx 27

Lynnecrafts said...

Lovely ATCs Caro. I hope your waterfall swim does your shoulder good.
Take care
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 7

Susan Renshaw said...

Delighted to receive the happy mail from you today! Very quick!!
Hope you are having a good week!
Happy WOYWW!