Wednesday 1 February 2023

WOYWW713

 Welcome back to my blog for another edition of What's on Your Workdesk, the world's friendliest blog hop, hosted by the lovely Julia.

This is my desk as it was late last night. Regular visitors will notice something missing from my desk - my mug of tea had been removed to be washed up (after 9pm is too late for tea!)!  All the rest of the paraphenalia I am currently using for my collages is spread around - sticker books, ink pads etc.






I am a little behind with the pages but only two to go and I will have completed my personal challenge/goal of doing 31 mini collages. I haven't yet decided what my next crafting challenge will be - I am away for quite a bit of February so the next one may be in March instead... we will see!


There isn't much else to report. Sadly I haven't swum for a little while as I cut my finger quite badly while stripping wall paper and have to wait for it to heal - nearly there so hopefully I can swim this week. I will leave you with this picture of 100+ young people (aged 11-18) worshipping in Sheffield Cathedral last weekend - Alex is in there somewhere! Take care of yourselves,

With love & God Bless,

Caro

xxx

14 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Beautiful! Did I miss what your plan is for your mini-collages? Collected in an album or maybe framed? They are so lovely, seems like your should display them somehow. Oh and I am with you. My 3pm cuppa is the last caffeine for me! Yikes to the finger cut, but sensible to let it heal. You'll be back to it in no time.
Happy WOYWW Early for a change!
Mary Anne (2)

Twiglet said...

Hope your finger heals quickly. Little wounds are a nuisance and hurt! You little collages seem to be the perfect way to achieve a real satisfying mini artwork! Enjoy your time away. x x x Jo

Christine said...

Your collages are so very delicate and pretty, are the ladies made from stickers by any chance?
Well done on finishing your journal.
Have a blessed week
Christine #12

Diana Taylor said...

I am loving your collages - they are all so beautiful. I hope your cut finger heals quickly, and you can get swimming again.
Have a lovely week,
Diana xx #8

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I think you ought to continue with the collages as you’ve struck a rich seam of creativity there! I really do admire you for achieving such great results, I love collage but am very bad at it, lol! Hope your finger heals so you can get back to the swimming, you must miss it.
HUgs LLJ 10 xx

Crafting With Jack said...

Great collages. What a wonderful sight - 100 children praising the Lord. May they follow the Lord all their days. Blessings Angela x #1

Robyn said...

sending healing light for your finger! hasnt stopped your creativity on land! Robyn 19

BJ said...

Loving all the collages but the Cathedral photo grabbed me the most, how amazing, glad Alex is there, I couldn't keep mine interested much after age 13yrs, he hates crowds anyways. I live in hope. BJ#4

Sarah Brennan said...

Hope you are back swimming soon Caro. Loving the collage pages - sticker books are always useful for finishing off pages. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #7

Annie said...

More lovely collages. Sorry to hear about your finger...hope it heals quickly so you can get back to what you love.
Hugs,
Annie x #11

Helen said...

what a great photo of everyone in the Cathedral. Hope your finger heals soon, I thought I hadn't see your FB updates! the collages look fabulous as always. Happy WOYWW Helen #6

Anne said...

Hi. The collages are so lovely. Wonderful to see the youngsters there in the Cathedral. Hope your finger is soon better and you can swim. Take care.Anne x 21

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Sorry to hear about the finger, sounds very painful. Loving the collage journal pages and very impressed at the amount you've done too. I've started mine but not making so many as I know if I try to make too many it wont happen and I'll stop but you never know. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x9x

Julia Dunnit said...

I wonder if you’ll find the waters chilly after a break, or if you’re permanently used to it by now! Sorry about the cut finger, that adds ral injury to the decorating insult…it’s not a job I like much, but I do invest because, I love results!a loving the collages, they really make sense to me, and you have a flair for putting them together for sure. Your desk looks quite ordered to me, especially as I too have been using my sticker collection and managed a terrible mess!