Wednesday 7 June 2023

WOYWW (but I don't know the number!)

 Hello and welcome back to my blog.  I have been missing for a little while in the realms of teenagers reluctantly revising for GCSEs but I actually managed a little crafting so thought I would share my desk as part of Julia's lovely blog hop - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday.


This is a close up because the rest is a mixture of pushed back chaos (games, revision notes, work etc).  I have joined in with the Index Card a Day challenge again this year.  For those not familiar with it, the aim is to do some form of crafting on an index card every day for the months of June and July. Mine are incredibly simple so far, messing with faces made using one line and then adding a touch of colour so you can see pens, and coloured pencils on my desk as well as the cards. I'm not sure that I will do many more using this theme, but we will see where inspiration takes me!


I realised that I haven't said thank you for all the lovely ATCs I received as part of the 14th anniversary swap - here are most of them. Thank you one and all they are lovely.


Alex is now more than half way through his GCSEs (just less than two weeks to go) and was particularly delighted to finish French on Monday (his least favourite subject - sorry Sarah!) so burnt his notes with great glee that evening. He is so bored and fed up that it is challenging to get him to still revise for the final exams. Neither of us can wait until lunchtime on 19 June!


I am still swimming but carefully due to my on going shoulder injury - here I am sporting my new prescription sunglasses! That's all from me for now. 

Take care and God Bless,

With love

Caro

xxx

12 comments:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Caro, in comparison to some occasions when you've been swimming it must feel quite warm at the moment. My hubby has just walked through the door, he's been moderating art work for GCSE somewhere near Luton this week. At least it's not been so hot for the exams. I have memories of trying to open all the windows in the hall to try and cool the place down. ell done at keeping up with the Index cards too. Wishing you a very happy woyww. Hugs, Angela x11x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

So nice to see you are also making ICADs. This is my 11th year, so I am out of ideas. I really LOVE your drawings. Wish I drew because yours are so clever and mine are so puny.

Alex looks happy to burn those notes. Love your new sunglasses, too. Happy WOYWW from # 4.

Annie said...

I'm chuckling at your comment on my blog....it wasn't my error it was my ex-lorry driver of a husband who said it was in Staffordshire and me, being the trusting little wife who, didn't argue with him!!!
I've had a manic day and have only just finished....I now have a rail filled with sewing to do and 7 more customers coming tomorrow while we look after Louie all day....it could be a fun filled day :-)
Hope the last of the exams pass quickly.
Hugs,
Annie x # 9

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I think my boys burned their GSCE stuff too, I love the glee on Alex’s face! The Icad challenge is fun isn’t it, I really like the different results, hope you enjoy the process!
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

BJ said...

Those are wicked faces with just one line, I am well impressed. My weekly prayer cards are from a facebook group of Etched by Faith indexed as #scripture52. You can get them online, the current month is free but then she adds a charge going forward. https://etchedbyfaith.com/ Don't blame you son with the French, I managed to get my son completely out of doing any language at GCSE, it hasn't caused any problem for him as yet! What A levels is your son going to take? Assuming he is of course - LOL Hugs BJ#6

Sarah Brennan said...

I forgive Alex Caro. Hope he enjoyed the mini bonfire! Best wishes as he beavers away until 19th. I am really enjoying seeing everyone's ICAD ideas. Hope the shoulder is feeling better soon. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #7

Twiglet said...

Well done with your card challenge. I hope Alex sticks at it and gets to the end of those pesky exams. Achievement is so much more than exam results isn't it.. Hugs Jo

Helen said...

Good to see you having time to a) craft and b) join in our weekly fun! I don't envy Alex all the exams - they are either very spread out or have been going on for ages, or is he just doing lots of subjects?! Have a grfeat week and enjoy the water when you can. Helen #2

Neet said...

So nice to see you. I can understand Alex and his exams must have been hard on you, boys and studying! Love how he had the ceremonious burning of his French stuff.
Good to see you joining in with the iCads again, you are so good at them - enjoy!
Hugs, Neet 1 xx

Crafting With Jack said...

Great glasses! Good to see you still swimming. Gosh I remember doing all that studying! Best of luck to Alex. Happy WOYWW. Angela #13

Lynnecrafts said...

Hi Caro,
Good luck to Alex for the rest of his exams. It’s such a stressful time.
Your Icads are lovely and colourful. I hope your shoulder improves soon
Take care
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 8 x

Mary Anne said...

Hope your shoulder is loosening up. Bet you miss the chilly temps - or will by the weekend, if the weatherman is to be believed (ah, but which ONE? they all say different things!)Congrats to your son for all his hard work - bet it will be a relief to you both when he is done. Could have sworn I commented about ICADs yesterday as well, but my comments are getting eaten, I think! I like your faces - so playful!
Happy Sunny WOYWW!
Mary Anne (3)