Wednesday 23 February 2022

WOYWW 664 (maybe?!)

 Hello and welcome back to my blog.... it has been a while! Life (house renovations in the form of new windows throughout, COVID,  and half-term) has meant that I have been unable to blog for a while, but here I am again and you are most likely here to see my desk.


The observant among you will realise that this doesn't quite look right - this is because my desk is almost empty of all the pots and things that usually sit around the edge.  This is due to a bit of a saga with the new windows that is hopefully sorted, but there is no point in putting the desk and all its gubbins back properly until the ceiling has been plastered and painted.  In the meantime I have to cope without all my usual bits and pieces that are all put away. That doesn't mean that there has been no crafting - I do have access to a variety of things that means I can make collages and so I have set myself a challenge of creating 30 collages.  









Covid put paid to me doing one a day in February which was the original idea, but I am having fun creating them whenever I am in the mood.


Fortunately we were Covid free by half term so were able to head south to see Mum and my brother and his family.  The storms have been a nightmare for my poor Mum - one of her big trees has come down, and another tree took out the power.  She has been sleeping at different friends houses while trying to persuade the electricity company that her little hamlet is not on the same circuit as the village....4 days later she finally got power again.


Alex meanwhile had Freezer camp in the midst of all the wind, snow and rain.  He thoroughly enjoyed himself fortunately.



I am finally back to full health and able to swim again which is a relief.  I felt quite dry after 3 weeks out of the water! Anyway, that is enough babbling from me. I hope you are all safe and well.  Do take care,

With love & God Bless,
Caro

xxx

12 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

So glad that you are fit again and that your mum has power too Caro. Can't believe that Alex did a scout camp in that weather - he must be hardy. Loving the collages and ready to steal ideas. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #12

Ali Wade Designs said...

Happy WOYWW and Welcome Back. Glad that you are Covid free now, and back to your swimming in your bobble hat (you crazy person!). Lovely photo of your mum. We have had a few power cuts up at our milking parlour and yard, which is about 1/2 mile from our main farm/house and the small hamlet we are in. It is on a different line to us, so thankfully we have been ok here. We have a generator, which is powered by a tractor, but the cows did go without water one night after the power went off at 11 pm and we were not notified. They were shouting at us the next morning! I love your collages. Ali x #14

Neet said...

Good to see you back in the swim - in more ways than one.
Sorry to hear about your mum, how disruptive for her but at least she had good friends to help out.
Alex looks to have enjoyed the wet weather and camping - a seasoned camper now no doubt.
Good luck with the 30 collages, you are well on the way and I do like the way you have incorporated white space into the pages. Pleasing to the eye.
Take care, stay well
Blessings, Neet 3 xx

Anne said...

Goodness me Caro what a time of it you have had. Had seen various posts on FB. Glad your mum has power back! We were at the epicentre of a small earthquake on Monday. Certainly felt and heard it. Take care. Anne x 16

Helen said...

Great to see you back and swimming again Hope the house gets sorted soon so you can put your desk back as it should be! your poor mum, how awful for her, and hope she's sorted soon too ! Helen #9

Annie said...

Lovely to see you back in blogland today. I hope the work on the house gets finished for you soon. I love your little collages....you’ve been busy.
Hugs,
Annie x #6

Tracy said...

Hellooo Caro,so glad to hear your mum has power back 🤗 what good friends she has 🤗 Wet weather camping sounds like fun was had. Loving your collages , hoping you get it back to how you want everything soon. Sending hugs your way, be safe and well Tracy #23 xxx

Crafting With Jack said...

Great to see you, great collages. Glad to hear you are back to full health. Your poor mother has had a bad time too. Take care. Angela #2

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

We're having all our windows replaced next week and not really looking forward to it, really hope the weather gets better too. I can't believe it's been so long since you were here, this year seems to be moving along quickly. Loving your collage pages they look great and well done for managing with your restricted craft stash. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x5x

Sharon Madson said...

Glad you are covid free and got to go see your mum. Your collage journal is fun. How fun that you got to swim. Thanks for the peek at your desk and all that is going on for you. Happy Day. #24

Mary Anne said...

Poor you, We need replacement windows and I am dreading when we finally decide to do it. But I do have to say I adore your collages. I have often been tempted but, like the windows, I never see to just decide to DO IT. 3 weeks out of the water seems an eternity for you, but not all would think that a hardship LOL! Enjoy!

Happy WOYWW
Mary Anne (4)

Susan Renshaw said...

Glad that you have recovered from Covid and that your Mum's power was reconnected.
Love your collage pages! Amazed at the caming (and swimming) in that weather.
Happy WOYWW!
Susan #13