Wednesday 23 March 2022

WOYWW 668

 Hello and Welcome back to my blog. After a hiatus of two weeks it is time to join in again with Julia's wonderful What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday blog hop - the friendliest blog hop in the world. My apologies for missing last week, but I spent the week sanding and painting our study (my craft area is in a corner of this) to get it back to normal following the house renovation.  it is just so nice after nearly a year to have one room completed!


Here is my desk as it was last night - it is back in its proper place and most of its contents are back in place as well.  Visible and in use on my desk are my trusty mug of tea, my ipad and another game.  This one is called Cartographers and essentially you are map makers and cards dictate what you put on the map but it is essentially up to you where you place it, and you are trying to get as high a score as possible with cards telling you how you can score (different cards each time). This is a really gentle stress free game and can be played multiplayer or solo so is perfect for me. I quite like a gentle 15 minute game at the end of the day.


There hasn't been much in the way of crafting (the desk went back in yesterday!) but I have done a couple more pages of collaging - this time in purple!





Yes, I am still swimming and the water is slightly warming - it is now around 7 degrees in most places. I have played under the waterfall and swam in lakes over the past few weeks, which has all been good for the soul. That is all from me for now. Keeping it short and sweet as Julia likes.  Do take care and stay safe. My prayers are with you all,

With love & God Bless,

Caro

xxx

14 comments:

Mary Anne said...

I already passed on Sprawlopolis to my son the game designer/player and now have another for him to explore! WOYWW is such a treasure trove most weeks and you just never know when you will find gold LOL! Warming up now so soon you will not need the hat... :D
Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (1)

Annie said...

It’s good to hear your renovations are going well.
Hugs,
Annie x #8

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Hooray for getting a room finished, that’s progress! Do you like the water getting warmer or prefer it on the chilly side? Great pics as always!
Hugs LLJ 4 xxx

glitterandglue said...

Afternoon Caro. Well done on the completion of the room. I know there's more to go... but the one room makes all the difference! Can't believe you so enjoy this cold, wild swimming - I c-c-certainly c-c-couldn't d-d-do it... Brrr... shivering just at the thought!
Take care. God bless
Margaret #12

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Caro, sometimes we just have to do jobs in the home and I'm saying this knowingly Lol! We have had all the windows replaced in the house and they were quite good at not leaving a mess when they finished but there is always a bit that needs tidying up and when we looked at the walls we realised that in some places the paint had changed colour. This was not where the sun had caught it and we believe it was paint that we had to have mixed as hubby ran out during the job anyway he is now repainting all of it! So I am keeping out of the way Lol! Pleased to see you're managing some time to swim too. Wishing you a very happy and creative ( if you get the time) woyww, Angela x13x

Twiglet said...

I love the purple crafting Caro - I've been dyeing fluff that colour for Max this week! xx Jo

Sarah Brennan said...

You can tell the weather is getting warmer Caro - no hat when swimming lol. Love the collages and glad you have managed to finish one room at least. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Helen said...

the photos of you swimming are great - I don't shiver quite as much seeing them anymore!! the cartographer game sounds fun. Have a good week Helen '#2

Crafting With Jack said...

Such a refreshing pastime! Too cold for me though:). Happy WOYWW and have a great week. Angela #7

Sharon Madson said...

I didn't make it last week, either. Nice collaged pages. I have never heard of that game. But I get addicted too easily. I had to delete June's Journey from my iPad. LOL I now, just do Pop Words once in a while. Happy WOYWW! #23

Lynnecrafts said...

I love your purple journals Caro. Hurrah for finishing your study!
Brrrr that water still sounds freezing!
Take care
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 11

StampinCarol said...

Glad the renovations went well. We start painting on Monday so I won't be here next Wednesday. Your game sounds interesting and love the collage. I shiver seeing some of your swimming photos! God bless!
Carol N #19

Tracy said...

Oh how my Alwx will be envious at your wild swimming ... he's recently taken it up and loves it Caro πŸ’• though it's still quite chilly here in Scotland ... and your love for bostd games ... he has a huuuge cupboard filled with them 😘 A joy to see your collages πŸ’›⭐πŸ’•⭐πŸ’› I hope you're having a gorgeous week,I'm so sorry I'm late stopping by ... playing catch up. Love and hugs Tracy #20 xxxxx

Susan Renshaw said...

I will have to look for this game - couldn't find sprawlopolis...
Love your purple collages - and the swimming pictures.

Sorry I am so late with the second half...happy WOYWW! Susan #17