Wednesday 4 November 2009

My head is spinning!

I’m so busy, my head is spinning, like a whirlpool….etc. That’s what life feels like at the moment. Work is mad - within the space of three days I have submitted three papers, been writing an ethics application and planning the next grant application. Roll on Friday and a day of annual leave in which to bake and craft. At home things aren’t much calmer as poor Alex isn’t sleeping well and he is shattered. As a result he doesn’t really listen to what we say and tends to flip out when he doesn’t get exactly what he wants the moment he wants it. We have to gently jolly him through the mornings and evenings, although he was a little better for the most part tonight.
I haven’t had a lot of time for crafting but did make this quick birthday card for my friend’s little boy who is turning 4 tomorrow. This follows the CPS sketch for this week and uses a Penny Black Stickeroo as the main image. I also made another page for my childhood scrapbook with photos of the really deep snow that we had when I was 3. The papers/cardstock used are American Traditional and Bazzil basic and I followed last weeks Pencil lines sketch. The journaling reads ‘The snow fell so deeply in February 1978 that the hamlet of Barr was completely cut off from the outside world. We had to dig the length of the lane by hand. I even helped with my sea-side spade before retreating inside for warmth’. The left hand photo is of me showing the snow drifting up to my head height, and the right hand photo is of everyone digging in the lane.
Must dash now as I have a load of things to do this evening, have a great rest of the week everyone.
Love,
Caro
x

1 comment:

dstandard said...

Adorable card and great layout!