Sunday 7 October 2012

Birthday fun!

Well I have had the fun of having an extended birthday this week and weekend!  To celebrate we have been to the cinema, had a takeaway with a movie, presents in bed, pancakes for breakfast, chelsea buns for elevenses, been taken out for lunch at the Norfolk Arms, been for a fantastic walk along Stanage Edge with my Mother who joined us yesterday, out to church, had my nephews sing happy birthday over the phone,
and had a yummy birthday cake complete with candles.  Not to mention two enormous bunches of flowers, a smart new top, silver earings, a necklace stand and some crafting supplies. Talk about being blessed!
I have also had some time off work so was able to make two creations for the Quirky crafts challenge site this week (I am a DT member).  We were given images by Stitchy Bear to use and the theme was magical moments with stars, glitter and silver. For my first entry I had a spooky owl silhouette image to use, I coloured round the moon with distress inks (faded denim and duty concord), then extended the tree that the owl was sat on and added birds with Lavinia stamps.  My glitter, silver and star were all included in the one star element in the night sky.  I am also entering this for Stampavie 'Halloween', crazy4challenges 'Halloween', and Pixie Dust 'Anything goes'.
My second entry used the FairyMoon digital stamp from Stitchy Bear. For this card I used a cuttlebug embossing folder, and two die cuts, then added silver and pink pearlescent glue and glitter glue to the image for highlights. I also added pink glittery gems in the corners of the card.  As the colours of this card are white, black and pink I am entering this into CCC 'Think pink' and Fluorishes Timeless Tuesday 'Think pink' challenges.  I am also entering it into Penny's challenge 'die cuts and/or punches', SSS 'glimmer and sparkle', and Paperplay 'shine on'.  That is all from me for now.  Have a great week everyone.
Love,
Caro
x

7 comments:

Faye said...

Lurve your pink creation Caro. The glitter is a lovely touch. Thanks for playing at Cupcake this week. x

Cazzy said...

I really love the owl card Caro, they are both nice.

Cazzy x

mags said...

Both cards are lovely. Love the colours in the second one. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's and good luck.
Mags
x

Lisa Carroll said...

Such beautiful cards! Love how you acccented the fairy's hair with gitter. And you have an adorable son! :) Thanks for playing along in our 'Glimmer & Sparkle' challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog! xx

ChristineCreations said...

Pretty touches of shimmer on the moon card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Flourishes!

Miss Sue said...

Love the accents on the moon! Thanks for playing along with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Darling card! Thanks for joining us for Flourishes "Think Pink" challenge.