Wednesday 14 May 2014

Messy and exhausted WOYWW

Well, it is Wednesday again so it is time to show you my desk in all its glorious messiness as part of WOYWW.  I have to confess that I haven’t got any further with the ATCs, and have only managed to make one card since last time.  The reason being that I took Alex to beaver scout camp last weekend (parents have to stay over with the boys), and that is also the excuse for the mess on my desk, as everything just got piled up while I tried to deal with camp lists etc.
Here is the card I made for my mother, from a background made with dylusion inks and water and stencils, and then drawing round the edge of a stencil and colouring in sections. I can’t decide what I think of the end result, but it was fun to do something completely different.
I thought I would finish with this photo of Alex and me in the tent at Beaver Scout Camp early on Sunday morning, after a night of next to no sleep (heavy rain drumming on the tent roof all night, Mummy is it 8 o’clock yet (at 2am), Mummy I need the loo (at 4.30am), and Mummy I can’t sleep any more (at 5.45am)) – despite the lack of sleep we had a wonderful time.
I now have a list of 9 people who wish to swap ATCs with me.  Please can you (and anyone else who would like to) email me your address (my email is carostaton (at) gmail dot com).
Have a great week everyone.
Love
Caro
x

10 comments:

Paper rainbow said...

A lovely use of inks, what a fun photo too, what memories are made of... beaver camp and rain on the tent roof :)

Annie said...

Hi. I'd love to swap ATCs with you and will try to remember to email you tomorrow but life is pretty hectic here at the mo so if I forget please email me your details as a reminder :-)
Hugs,
Annie x
wipso@toucansurf.com

April said...

Looks like you guys had fun! Even with no sleep. :-)
April #75

stampingbowd said...

Oh how fun!!! I LOVE your card and can't wait to give that a try. Love how you outlined the open spaces! GREAT photo of you and your son! OH my on the lack of sleep!!! Hope you are recovering!!! Happy WOYWW! #63

Chrysalis said...

Hi Caro - I've just emailed you about the atc's. I hope you've managed to catch up on your sleep by now! Have a great week, Chris # 23 xx

Nan G said...

I like your card. Wish my Dylusions stuff came out as nice. I will email you my addy for the swap. Get some rest if you can. ;) Thanks for the earlier visit! Hugs and Happy WOYWW! Nan G #15

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Love the camping selfie! Alex looks far too chipper for someone who's had no sleep :-)
The card is bright and cheerful, love it!
Hugs, LLJ 22 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Loving the card you made for your mum. You don't need to apologise for a messy desk I think it would be strange to see a desk that is really tidy lol!
I spy a monkey watching over your progress, they get everywhere!
Happy crafting, Angela x 50

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm late visiting here and Friday Smiles. I'm just trying hard to catch up after a very busy week.

You look exhausted in the photo. I can only imagine how you fared the entire weekend.

On a positive note, that is a beautiful card. The background is so colorful and cheery. Happy very belated WOYWW from #1.

fairy thoughts said...

Hi caro
Love the colouring on the card, the spray are fun.... But messy but mess is more... ????
I will e mail you my address when I can get time to go on the laptop .... Busy with wedding stuff at the mo
Janet