Wednesday 13 February 2019

WOYWW 506!


How did it get to be Wednesday already?  I guess it means that it is time to show you my desk as part of the wonderful world wide desk hop that is WOYWW (see Julia’sblog for further details)
On my desk at the moment are my bullet journal (at the back), my prayer journal and one of my Bibles (I do have loads!), and a form I need to fill in before my MRI scan on Friday – nothing serious, just some niggles that need sorting. You can also see a stencil that hasn’t been put away.  I am currently in the process of service planning for the evening service on Sunday and seeking inspiration. 
Last week I mentioned that I was acting in a murder mystery.  Well here I am in my costume dressed as Wendy Beaumont the substitute vicar – it turned out I was a complete fake, I was actually a cleaner and turned out to be the murderer!  It was one of those evenings where the acts of the play were interspersed with food, and then at the end the audience had to decide who was the murderer, and then finally I had to do a monologue interspersed with some questions from angels to explain that it was me and why.  The play was actually written by a retired vicar so had a strong Christian message at the end of it.  It went down very well and was great fun to do.
In other news Gran is home!  We still need to persuade her to walk further but at least she is back at home with a care package in place. I wont be here next week as I will be down in Somerset visiting her and Mum over half-term.
Have a great couple of weeks everyone
With love and God Bless,
Caro
x

16 comments:

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Caro, we once did one of those meal & murder mystery nights, was great fun. Good to hear your Gran is home, have a lovely time visiting. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #1 X

J said...

Hi Caro, pleased to hear your Gran is home, enjoy your visit.
Sounds like a fun evening, I’ve never been to a murder mystery evening .
Have a good week
Jan no 22

Helen said...

Great news about your Gran, hope she continues to improve. The murder mystery sounds great fun - get you as the "whodunnit"!! Thanks for visiting Helen #4

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Sending (((Hugs))) for Friday. Good to know that your Gran is home, enjoy half term with Alex and the family. Although mine are grown up I still remember how refreshing half term used to be spending quality time with them all. My middle one is at uni & term breaks are just not the same :)) Take good care & happy woyww Tracey #10
P.S Thank you for the earlier visit & well wishes for Boni x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Caro, the costume suits you. The murder mystery sounds like fun. Good luck with your Gran, hope she makes good progress. Happy woyww, Angela x5x

StampinCarol said...

Glad your Gran is home. People seem to get better there than elsewhere! And sounds like your mystery evening was fun! Have fun with your mom and Alex! Thanks for popping by!
Carol N #20

Lunch Lady Jan said...

You look the part!! And you look so innocent too...... ;-). Great to hear your Gran is home, hope she starts to pick up a bit now,
Hugs LLJ 15 xxx

glitterandglue said...

Hi Caro. Goodness e - I thought you had been ordained. Must say you look good as the vicar - fake or not... but fancy putting you down as the murderer! - glad it was such a great evening. My daughter and family did a murder mystery day in Nottingham last weekend - they enjoyed that one too.
Trusting Father God will give you the right words and thoughts, songs, prayers etc for Sunday. I have been asked to lead the all-age service a week on Sunday - and I admit to being terrified - never done a deliberately all-age service in my life! I do quite frequently lead the worship here in Emmanuel, but that is SO different!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #9

Kathryn Frantz said...

I’d never have guessed you were the culprit! Fun, wasn’t it? My husband and I participated in a dinner theater mystery, years ago. Enjoy your visit and relax during your MRI. Hope all is well.

Sue said...

Hi Caro, So glad your gran is home. Hope when you visit next week you find her doing much better. I'm sure your mum will be pleased to see you.

So glad the play went well.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Happy WOYWW
Sue #16

Neet said...

Enjoy your little t;rip to see Gran - you will be missed but you need to see her and I am sure you will cheer her no end. I love the vicar costume, you look so authentic. It really suits you.
There is talk of my having an MRI but I am so scared as I am claustrophobic - if only there was some other way. Good luck with yours and the diagnosis.
Blessings, Neet xx 11

Sarah Brennan said...

Such good news about your gran Caro. I bet not many people guessed you were the murderer lol. Hope the planning is going well. Thanks for the visit. Sarah #8

Lindart said...

Your play sounds like fun, how fun it must have been to have been the murderer! Thanks for your visit to mine, have a great week, Lindart #26

Heather M said...

Hi Caro, sorry for the late visit. The murder mystery sounds quite fun. Hope all went well with your MRI scan. I hated it when I had one, but it was only a few days after my cardiac arrest so I was still panicky over that. Have an enjoyable week with your mum and gran, hugs Heather x #23

Kelly said...

Hi Caro! Thanks for taking time to visit this week. So happy to hear your mom is back home. Great costume! Sounds like fun evening. Always good to see your smile. Creative Blessings! Kelly #21

Clipping Path said...


Gorgeous card, love the image and fabulous layout the colouring is stunning.