Wednesday 3 April 2019

WOYWW 513

Welcome back to another Wednesday romp around the crafting desks courtesy of Julia's blog.
Here is my desk, pretty empty at the moment as I am about to head off to a work conference so am busy packing and checking my to do list in my bullet journal.  You can see my inevitable mug of tea (almost empty), various pens and my journal.  The Dina Wakley Collage Collective was my Mother's Day present and I am looking forward to playing with it.
 The two orange pieces of paper are little cartoon characters drawn by Alex... they each have their own names and attributes!
The card at the back of the desk was my mother's day card, drawn as only Alex does...

I had a lovely weekend with singing in a packed church on Sunday morning (I'm in the distance, wearing red and singing into a microphone!) for the Mothering Sunday service
Then going out for a treat meal followed by a romp in the peaks with Alex.
Finally some proof that I have been creative this week - a birthday card for my mother-in-law.
I'm at a conference for the next few days, so will try and comment when I get a chance, but may be a little late.  I am going to be missing in action next week as well as I am off to my brother's for a few days with Alex.  Have a lovely week and see you soon.
With love & God Bless
Caro
xxx

15 comments:

Neet said...

Ooh Caro, I love that card - what a gorgeous background piece you made.
Couldn't find you on the photo but it was good to see so many people enjoying themselves at the service.
had to look up what the Dina Wakeley book was all about, now I see. You will have to show us what you do with it, how you use it etc. Very interesting and tempting too.Great figures from Alex!
Hugs, Neet 6 xx

My name is Cindy said...

Sounds like you are very busy Caro! Love Alex's draweings, Happy WOYWW, Cindy #9

Annie said...

Hope the conference goes well and you enjoy your days away with Alex.
Hugs,
Annie x #8

Lynn Holland said...

Wishing you well at the conference and I fully admire that you managed to fit in making a card amongst the business of your days.
Lynn 7

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Caro, wow, what a busy week. Great card and sketches from Alex. Have a lovely break, Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #1 X

Plush Possum Studio said...

Happy belated Mothering Sunday! Lovely card from Alex
Rose #26

Diana Taylor said...

Gorgeous card - I love the background, what rich beautiful colours. The drawings by Alex are great too, looks like you have an artist in the making there!
Have a great week and enjoy your trip to your brothers.
Diana x #17

Sarah Brennan said...

Hi Caro, I appreciate you visiting already given how busy you are this week. I love Alex's drawings. Nice Mother's Day gift! Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Helen said...

Love your card, and also Alex's drawings! Glad you had such a good time at the service. Helen #3 (thanks for visiting)

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I do love Alex's card for you - hope he doesn't mean that you're a dragon though!!! My boys would have done something like that too back in the day. Hope your conference goes well and you get some free time too!
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

Bridget Larsen said...

Beautiful card and enjoyable conference. Alex looks like he is having a ball
Bridget #4

sandra de said...

Absolutely love the imagination Alex shows in his drawings and what treasures to keep.
sandra de @19

Twiglet said...

I love Alex's little drawings and your dragon card is fab. I bet it made your day! xx Jo

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

I am also a bit late visiting this week. Life has a habit of getting in the way, doesn't it? What a lovely picture of you and Alex, in a lovely part of the country. Have a great time with your brother. xxx Maggie (Silvercrafter) #11

Julia Dunnit said...

I wonder how you fit it all in! The card for your Ma in Law is super, doesnt the go,d look nice on tha tpeacocky blue. church must have been fab, I love it when big numbers sing! Good luck at conference, and have a fab break with your Bro.