Wednesday 21 August 2019

WOYWW 533 - the holiday edition!

I am back from France and sadly back at work, but it is time for showing my desk at home as part of 'What's on your workdesk Wednesday' - see Julia's blog for details and how to join in should you wish to.
Here is my desk in a very tidy state having unpacked and put everything away after my holiday.  I have taken the photo from slightly further away than normal so you can see both sides of the desk. To the right is a book I have bought for my course at the School of Ministry (for Church of England), and a tantalising peep of a little bag from Kathy Franz (more on that later).  The left shows a pile of things for scrapbooking (not put away after last time), and at the back you can see my ipad and my new mug from France.


This is the close up of that mug - I have been looking for a large mug for ages, ever since the one I brought back from Crete was broken, and I found this one in Concarneau. I love it!
These are the contents of the lovely parcel that Kathy Franz sent me as a thank you for the WOYWW 10 year anniversary badge I sent her.  Two lovely crafting related badges, a gorgeous little tote bag from the Stamp & Scrapbook Expo that she attended when we were at the WOYWW 10 year anniversary crop and some lovely Harry Potter papers which I will put to good use!  Thank you so much Kathy!
Talking of Harry Potter I have finally put up the photos that were taken last year when Alex and I went to the studio tour and so completed my Harry Potter corner of my desk (for now!).  There has been no crafting in the past two weeks I'm afraid, but I hope to remedy that before next week!
 As I mentioned earlier, I was in France last week and had a wonderful time and took far too many photos to show here, but thought I would share just a few. It was a brief but wonderful holiday with my family (somewhat bitter sweet as we had booked the holiday before Dad died) in Brittany - lots of swimming, body boarding, kayaking, eating, exploring etc. 








 

Hopefully that has given you a brief taster of our week.  The three cousins had such fun together as did the rest of us. I am back at work again so crazy busy, but will endeavour to visit everyone in the next few days.  Have a wonderful week.
Love and God Bless
Caro
xxx

20 comments:

Catriona said...

Lovely holiday photos and the cousins are making wonderful memories together.

glitterandglue said...

Morning Caro. I have severe desk envy this morning - yes, I realise it is a sin - but, oh, that tidy space... Amazing. But I do hope you manage to fill it up with gorgeous craftiness soon. Lovely photos of your holiday - I understand the mix of emotions you must have all felt. I have deliberately chosen a mix of places to visit this year - some I loved to go to with John and some new - and yes, even after three years, it can still be a wet experience to go back to those places we loved together.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #5

Neet said...

Lovely holiday photos Caro. What a lot of lovely memories are tied up in those for years to come to look back on. I especially liked the one of the family all sat around the table - so relaxed and such a sunny day.
Great desk shot - my word you seem to have a lot of ink pads and some fabulous mail from Kathy. However, I think the shot of your new mug is my favourite. What a lovely mug it is - I just love those fish and I love the shape of it colours etc. Great choice Caro.
Have a good week
Blessings, Neet 10 xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Great pics of your holiday, especially the one of Alex at Carnac - now there's a place that's on my bucket list! I think that your dad would be a happy man knowing that all his family were together and having such a great time, the best way to remember him xx
Love the mug, so good to know that you've got a new Trusty Mug for your brew :-D
Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Lovely holiday shots - boys seem to run in your family - your son looks angelic - that's before they turn into teenagers LOL. Love the Harry Potter corner! Enjoy the rest of the summer - I've just gone back to work too, but only work part time so it's not too bad. Don't you wish you had a holiday just to get over the holiday? zsuzsa #14

Lillianb said...

Lovely holiday pictures, glad you had a lovely time,

Happy WIYWDW Lilian B #12

Marit said...

That's a lovely Harry Potter corner you made there!!! And that mug is wonderful, something I would buy too with those fishies. And some wonderful photos of 'la douce France'... haven't been there in ages but it's such a beautiful country isn't it?! Happy woyww and a big hug from Holland! Marit #17

Diana Taylor said...

Lovely holiday pics, looks like you had a great time. I love the mug too!
Hugs, Diana xx #20

Kathryn Frantz said...

Lovely pictures! Such memories, now save in technicolor!

Don't work too hard, now.
That first week back from a holiday always seems so very long!

Happy Thursday!! (?)

Dorlene Durham said...

Great photos! I love the new mug and clean work area. Have a wonderful week. Dorlene #23

Glenda said...

What wonderful holiday photos. Looks like everyone had a wonderful time!
Glenda #15

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Caro, looks like desk in waiting but I'm sure you'll be back in action soon despite work getting in the way. Loving the photos too, pleased you had a good time. Nice mug too. Have a lovely week and a very happy woyww, Angela x13x

Stacy Sheldon said...

ah ha that explains it, as I was grinning at your photos I was thinking to my self, oh I really thought you only had one son because, you do mention him and so it was an Ah Ha moment that it was a big family group on this trip. :) they all look so happy together. and that is a cool mug too Caro. ~Stacy #25

StampinCarol said...

Love the holiday photos! Looks like everyone had a great time! And what a cool cup! Such bright colors!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!
Carol N #19

Little Dorrit does... said...

Hi Caro.
Your workspace looks so inviting, and the new mug is gorgeous! Lovely colours.
The cousins look like a great little trio. Reminded me of the fun I used to have with my cousin on family holidays when we were kids. Those good memories last a lifetime.
Amelia #24

Shoshi said...

Oh Caro... the sadness of the desk of someone just back from holiday... toooo tidy for words lol!! No doubt you will soon get back into action. I hope you are not suffering too much from post-hols blues! Gorgeous photos of your holiday. Your new French mug is beautiful!

Thank you for your visit, and I don't think I have seen the story about giving a cat a pill and would love to see it! Funny you should mention the wax food coverings - keep an eye on my blog for either Phase 2 or Phase 3, depending on which I finish first! (You are way ahead of me...)

Happy belated WOYWW and God bless,
Shoshi x #1

Twiglet said...

Lovely photos of you all Caro and a great mug as a holiday reminder! xx Jo

Shoshi said...

Hi Caro, thanks for the return visit and the cat pill saga - I read it aloud and my hubby and I were laughing our heads off!! It's brilliant! I particularly liked the bit about blowing down the straw, and ending up getting the pill instead of the cat!

Have a good week.
Shoshi x

Lindart said...

Lovely France photos! You have such a wonderful trio of boys! Your desk looks so tidy, good thing you took a photo - it may not look like that for long! And I love the mug! Thanks for your visit! Have a great week, Lindart #21

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there Caro, yes, so get the crazy busy, am way behind here!
.... and also the bittersweet part of the hols with no dad, so understand that!
How funny though, when saw your magnificent mug, I thought it looked like the ones I saw in Dinan in Brittany, then you said that’s where you went! It’s peicla indeed, as are the family pics.
Mm desk soo tidy need you to visit my craft room!
Thanks for being a blessing, and may God bless you too.
Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x #3

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}