Wednesday 7 August 2019

WOYWW 531 - a fleeting visit!

Well, I am back from my hols and ready to show you my desk again as part of the wonderful What's on Your Workdesk phenomenon (courtesy of Queen Desker, Julia).
 This photo was actually taken on Tuesday evening as I am back at work this week.  On my desk you can see my bullet journal/diary with my mini printer as I am printing out photos to stick in. You can also see a wine label at the back with my brother's name on it - it is his birthday this week and I am trying to decide whether to use it as part of his birthday card or to stick it on a bottle of wine for him (probably the latter as I think he will appreciate it more!). You can also see a lovely fresh mug of tea (this mug holds about a pint). To the far left of my desk I have finally moved the pile of project life things - I found somewhere to store them, at least temporarily.

The only crafting I have achieved in the past two weeks has been to finish the Index card a day challenge.
In total I made all 61 index cards, although the last few were finished a little late. 
Here are all 61 in all their colourful glory!
The reason I was missing last week was because I took Tim and Alex to North Wales for a week in this cottage.  The weather was mixed but we still had fun doing a mixture of different things, active things for Alex (leaving Tim sleeping in the cottage) and more sedate things that Tim could manage despite his health (boat trips, cable car and tram rides). It is always a challenge to juggle the two different needs of my 'boys', but we had a good week overall. Here are just a few of my favourite pictures.








Alex is now having a week with Mum down in Somerset where he is driving the tractor and playing with her puppy JayJay, while I am back at work.  It is VERY quiet here at the moment LOL!  I couldn't resist sharing this photo with you of him jumping into one of our local wild swimming spots (He is the leaping figure in green shorts!) in the peak district taken the day before we went to Wales.
Have a great week everyone. I will be missing again next week (taking Alex to France, but leaving Tim as he can't travel that far), but will try and visit everyone today if possible
With love & God Bless,
Caro
xxxx

21 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Glad you had such a good break Caro. Your ICADs are fabulous, such an array of colour seen all together. Enjoy your break with Alex in France. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #10

Mrs.D said...

Morning Caro, glad you had a good holiday and your boys enjoyed it too, great pictures, especially Conwy castle.
Thanks for sharing
Bless you
Chris #6

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Welcome back Caro I hope you feel refreshed after your holiday? Beautiful Cottage and the photo's show just how much fun you've all had. The picture of Alex being kissed by the shark made me laugh. Lovely shared ICADS, wish I had focus & time to do these.
Thanks for sharing WoywW Hugs Tracey #8
P.S I bet it feels strange without Alex around this week x

Annie said...

I've enjoyed seeing the activities of your holiday....you have so much fun in the water with your boy...perfect.
Hugs,
Annie x #13

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Caro, fab photos of your break. Love the shot from the wild swim, would look great in a frame! Coffee drinker here, but thats another issue at the moment- almost everything tastes weird! Apart from Bitter Lemon, it's the only thing that tastes the same. Good job I love the stuff. Have a fab time in France, Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #4 X

Helen said...

Your holiday looked fabulous and it seems everyone enjoyed it. I hate going back to work after a week off! Love the finished cards. Helen #2

Neet said...

Oh Caro, I am so sorry, I had no idea your husband had health problems. How restricting for you as a family but what a lovely wife/mother you are to balance the two so perfectly with the holiday you have just had. Alex certainly seems to be a very adventurous boy and I love seeing the photos of him doing the various activities plus the ones like the sharks mouth this week. What a good sport he is.
Enjoy France next week, you will be missed but hopefully you will have lots of photos to share with us on your return.
Blessings, Neet xx 1

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

You are a busy little bee, Caro, wondering how you’re fitting everything in, praying for your gran, notice her above your name on my list so you’ve must mentioned her for health prayer I’m guessing, I figure Lord knows though and just pray my best. 😊 Pray you’re safe in France you certainly had wonderful weather in Wales. K
Happy WOYWW. Thanks for sharing, Shaz in Oz.x #20

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Rita said...

Sounds as if you had an ideal summer break Caro. Your desk looks amazing and the cards are so pretty too. Hugs Rita xxx

Lillianb said...

i am glad you had a lovely time,
Happy WOYWDW

Lilian B #16

Dorlene Durham said...

Beautiful photos of your vacation. I love your index cards. Yes, very bright and colorful and so pretty! Dorlene #24

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Looks like you had a great week Caro. The cottage looks lovely. Loving the index cards they all look so different. Wishing you a happy woyww, Angela x15x

StampinCarol said...

What a wonderful week with your guys! And fun index cards, too!
I'll be missing next week, too, as I'm going on a 4 day crop, first time for me!
Thanks for popping by and catch you in a couple weeks!
Carol N #22

Shoshi said...

What a lovely holiday you had, Caro. I am glad you were able to organise things so that both your boys could enjoy things at their own individual pace! I love all your beautiful index cards, too. Thank you for your visit and for your good wishes for my appointments tomorrow. It will probably take weeks more waiting till I get any news! Fortunately everything feels pretty stable and I just hope I don't get another obstruction because having emergency surgery again would really jeopardise a decent repair. Glad you like my pantry labels!

Happy WOYWW and God bless,
Shoshi #19 x

Kathryn Frantz said...

What a lovely holiday! That cottage is adorable! Did you have it all to yourself? Sorry you must return to work! It is 105*F here. A weather warning tonight for dry lightning and fires. A “proper note” is still forthcoming but I am sooo slow, especially in the heat! Thanks for sharing your holiday pictures.

Sue said...

Hi Caro, Loving the index cards.

Glad you had a nice holiday.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Happy WOYWW
Sue #7

Lindart said...

Good job on the cards! So colourful! Your trip to Wales sounds awesome, I've always wanted to go. I especially love the castle photo! You all had a great time, I can tell, great family photos too! Have a great trip to France (you live so close to everywhere!)! Thanks for your visit to mine and have a great week! Lindart #23

Julia Dunnit said...

Sorry I’m late! Such lovely pics of You all clearly enjoying your down time, you are doing a great job at juggling two types of holiday in one! Horrified to read that you’re back at work, ergh! France will be fab, make the most dear gal! Amazed at the raft of colour the ICAD cards are all together...I think they perfectly reflect your personality. Great job at sticking with them too, it can be easy to start such things...!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Your index cards are delightful, and I admire your dedication and creativity to get them done. Taking time to spend time with family is a priority, so glad you did it. Happy belated WOYWW! #26

Anne said...

Hello Caro - though I am really late visiting and I know you will be away ( well I hope you were able to sail)
Well done re index cards.
You holiday in Wales looked wonderful. So glad that you are able to go away with Tim as well. I think you are brilliant the way you organise everything, I know it must be difficult at times.
Hope to hear that you had lots of good times in France! Hugs Anne X

Neet said...

Thanks for the prayers, means a lot. Hopeful after seeing the chiropractor yesterday, it will take a while but I hope we can get somewhere.
Hugs, Neet xx