Wednesday 4 September 2019

WOYWW 535 - back to school

Another Wednesday so time to show you my desk as part of Julia's wonderful What's on your Workdesk Wednesday phenomenon!
My desk is still looking pretty tidy because I am trying to get into the habit of tidying after every crafting session.  To the right of my desk you can still see the pile of books from last week, I have read Corrie Ten Boom's The Hiding place - a truly wonderful, and faith inspiring book, and am about to start, with some trepidation, The Shack. The evidence that I have actually managed to craft at least a bit this week is sat on my desk - two new pocket pages as a double spread.
And what a double spread it is - it is the WOYWW 10 year crop! Such fun to look back at the photos and remember what a special day it was.
My cutting mat is missing from my desk as Alex has also been crafting on our dining room table - lots and lots of mess as he crafts on a MUCH bigger scale than me.  This time he was cutting up foam and wooden dowels to make an Orc Sword.
This is the finished object, complete with sharks teeth in the pommel as Orcs have a thing about teeth!  He was determined to finish it before going back to school and managed it just.
Following your questions last week, I want to tell you all that Alex had a wonderful time at Soul Survivor - he loved the worship, loved the atmosphere and really enjoyed being away with the teenagers from church. Apparently, they were all so lovely together - older ones looking after younger ones, and all being really supportive. He really was changed by the experience in such a positive way.  His shoes on the other hand, did not survive!!
We have had a lovely few days before back to school with more wild swimming,
and other adventures including a long promised indoor sky diving experience for Alex.
If it works, here is a brief video of him being taken right up in the tube - he loved it, describing the experience as 'Exhilarating!'. That is all from me for now.  Have a lovely week everyone,
With much love & God Bless
Caro
xxx
P.S. Prayers for my Gran would be most gratefully received - she is in a lot of pain and we are not sure what is causing it, but as a result she is on very large doses of morphine and not eating. If this is time for her to leave us, then we pray that this process doesn't drag out as it is horrid for her.
UPDATE: Gran passed away peacefully in her sleep on Wednesday night. Apparently having been curled up in a ball of pain and moaning despite high levels of morphine, she suddenly relaxed at 11pm and stretched out and went fast to sleep at peace and apparently pain free for the first time in a few days, Mum left her at that point to come home, and Gran never woke up, she died at some point during the night, apparently peacefully. 

21 comments:

Neet said...

So sad to hear your gran is in such pain, I do include her in my prayers each day and have done for ever such a long time.
On a brighter note, lovely to see Alex enjoyed himself and I love those trainers. Sadly the video did not work for me but I did get a large picture which was good to see of his adventure. He really does seem a well rounded boy, adventurous, full of fun and loving activities like this but also into his crafting. You have done a good job here and should be proud.
Hugs, Neet 7 xx
ps keep enjoying the water whilst you can - love those photos each week.

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Caro, some fab pics of Alex- and how lovely to see him making stuff! My eldest was always doing this, he used to have a HUGE box full of broken toys/plastic/ cardboard and made loads of things from it. He still does build lots of stuff himself and he's now in his forties! Sending love and healing thoughts for your Nan,and I totally understand how you feel about the end, if it's near. Love and hugs, Shaz #4 X

Annie said...

What fab pages of the Crop10....I had to zoom in for a closer look. Fab photos.
Lovely to see your yound man crafting this week too...love his sword.
Really hope they can ease your Nan's pain....it's awful to watch loved ones suffering isn't it.
Biggest hugs,
Annie x #9

Glenda said...

You always impress me with the new experiences you come up with for Alex. I especially enjoyed the photo of his sneakers with the tape. Isn't that just a typical boy thing!
Glenda #14

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Indoor sky diving! It looks so fun and relatively safe. Loving your WOYWW double spread and the genius solution to Alex's broken shoes. Thinking of your nan xx zsuzsa #18

Helen said...

Oh your poor gran. Hope they get to the bottom of it soon. Love the Luca from the crop . Helen #1

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Do you know, I really think I prefer your pocket pages to scrapbook LOs (sorry to other deskers for admitting that!) because it's all about the photos not the paper/embellishments. You can see all the pics clearly there whereas they're diminished in most LOs. Personal preference if a little controversial!! Alex has done some amazing things but a big up for that amazing sword, I love it.
And I hope that your Gran is out of pain really soon, whichever way things go.
Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh I will hold your dear Gran tightly in my thoughts caro, I understand your thoughts completely. love love love the pocket page about the crop, it’s how I deal with multiples of a single event too, and there was a lot of picture taking! Impressed by the tidy as you finish routine, I can only imagine that for someone as busy as you are that it’s actually really nice to face it the next time!!

Lillianb said...

Sorry to hear you Gran is in pain, and hope she finds relief very soon, Great sky diving for Alex
Happy WOYEDE

Lilian B # 8

Catriona said...

Wonderful video of Alex having such fun. Thoughts are with you all and hope your Nan can be made comfortable and pain free.

Stacy Sheldon said...

I smiled from ear to ear over his poor sneakers and I am glad to hear it was a good trip for him. I am sorry to read about your gma and hope they can get the pain under control for however long its needed Caro. The pages you did from the crop look super too. ~Stacy #24

StampinCarol said...

Happy to hear Alex had a great time! Had to laugh at the shoes.
Your pocket pages are so cool! Great memories!
Did watch your video. That must have been absolutely FUN!
Will be praying for your gran. Keep us updated!
Have a great week!
Carol N #22

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Caro, I love the tape round Alex's shoes. That must be a sign that he had a good time if he managed to ware his shoes out. I've seen the sky diving thing before and it looks like great fun. I bet it's a wonderful feeling too. Sorry about your Gran too, it must be a worrying time. Wishing you a happy creative week, Angela x11x

Sarah Brennan said...

Looks like Alex has been enjoying the last weeks of the school holidays to the max Caro. Love the crop double page spread, it brought back good memories. I will be praying for your gran and the family. Happy belated WOYWW. Sarah #2

Diana Taylor said...

You pack so much in each week, it's always so interesting seeing what you've been up to! I love the pocket pages, it's a great way of displaying more photos and it looked like such a fun day. The indoor sky diving is great isn't it, we take our nephews to it sometimes and they love it - can't say I'd ever give it a go but we do see brave adults joining in sometimes.
Your Gran is in my thoughts and I'm sending you a hug - I hope her suffering isn't prolonged whichever way it goes, it must be a very difficult time for you.
Diana xx #15

Little Dorrit does... said...

Hi Caro,
Your photo of Alex's Orc sword really took me back to when my middle one, Sam, was a little boy. He was so good with his hands and so creative with the things he made. He's all grown up now and has just finished building his own house, so tell Alex to keep up the good work!
Also, a favourite quote in our house is "If you can't fix it with duck tape, you're not using enough duck tape!" A bit more tape and those shoes will be good for at least a couple more months!
Amelia #26

Belinda said...

Hello Caro! I am sorry to hear the pain your gram was experiencing but grateful for her peaceful passing. I am sorry for your loss.
Alex looks like he knows his way around your craft supplies and looks like he had a blast sky diving. I think that would be the only way I would do that. In a safe environment. I need to find some place like that for my son. He would love it. What is the name of the place?
Belinda #23

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Sad and pleased at the same time dear Caro, I know what it’s oike to have a loved one go through that, and I had been praying fir dear Gran for a while, so thankful prayers were answered and she passed in peace, what a gift that is but even greater gift Heavenly home through faith in Jesus, there truly be no more treats or pain. PrayingπŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ» though, for all who loved her.
Well done on cleaning up desk, I’m ok sometimes but def not at others.
Love all your photos too, fun!,
Happy very belated WOYWW. Thanks for sharing, Shaz in Oz.x #20

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Your pocket pages look beautiful as usual, but I'm most impressed by your sons creativity. His sword looks great. Happy belated WOYWW!

Twiglet said...

Aw those CROP 10 pages are lovely - a reminder of such a happy fun day. Thanks for sharing it. Love and sympathy to all your family too. We still remember and talk about our dear Gran who lived to be 100 and died 45 years ago - one of life's absolute treasures. xx Jo

Neet said...

Thank you so very much for letting me know about your Gran. I am so glad she is out of pain now and safely with the Lord now.
It was distressing to know she had been in pain like that, must have been awful for your mum to see her like that. Funnily we sat with Chas's aunty for a week (not all night I hasten to add) but she died peacefully when we had left which the lady in charge of the nursing home said quite often happens.
Prayers still ongoing for your husband and mum and for all of you at this time.
Love, Neet xx