Wednesday 11 September 2019

WOYWW 536

Welcome back to my blog and another edition of What's on your Workdesk Wednesday! Don't know what I am talking about?  Check out Julia's blog for all the details.
Here is my desk as it stands on Wednesday morning, all neat and tidy with a mug of tea on the go.  You can see to the left my art journal, and my kindle, and hiding behind my mug, my paint water glass (empty) which is proof that I have been crafting since last week! As I said before I am trying to get into the habit of clearing my desk after every crafting session - partly because I use my desk for working from home occasionally and need space for my laptop
Here is proof that I make as much mess as anyone when actually crafting! Here i was working on a journal page - paint, stencils, inks, pads, peel offs, transfers, stamps and the inevitable cup of tea all in evidence.
This is the finished page in my journal - a page commemorating my beloved Gran and incorporating some of her loves, music, books, flowers and her favourite Bible Quote.
For those of you who commented on my blog early last week and missed the news, Gran passed away in the early hours of Wednesday morning. She is now at peace in Heaven (probably having a party with Grandad, Dad and the angels) and we all miss her horribly. I just want to thank you for all your prayers for her over the past few months.  We are currently trying to plan the funeral and the tribute.  I am full of a very heavy, fluey cold, so prayers that I improve before next week would be gratefully received.  
Lots of love and God Bless,
Caro
xxx

13 comments:

Helen said...

I saw that you had a bad cold, hope it passes soon and I am sure you will plan a fitting tribute to your Gran. Loving the journal page commemoration. Take care. Helen #3

Claire said...

What lovely photos... Hugs and prayers are on their way to you, dear Caro xxx
Happy WOYWW :)
Claire no. 4

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Caro, I saw on Fb your Gran had passed, at least now she is pain free. And you all have wonderful memories of her to recall whenever you miss her. Hope your cold clears up soon, I've practically become a hermit the last couple of weeks as I'm desperately trying to avaoid picking up anything! I don't want to be that ill again, and want to get this chemo done without any more breaks! Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #6 X

Glenda said...

Sending hugs and prayers your way as you go through this loss. I know you will miss her terribly. I'm hoping your cold gets better soon they can really make you feel awful. Happy WOYWW!
Glenda #13

Neet said...

Sorry to hear you have a cold will pray for it to go back to wherever it came from.
That page is a lovely tribute to a great lady who was so loved by you all. Lovely photograph, which makes this whole blog post a tribute to her. I am sure that, despite the cold, you will plan a lovely and fitting tribute to her.
God Bess
Neet 1 xx

Lillianb said...

Sorry to hear you have a bad cold and hope you feel better real soon, The page is for your gran is lovely

Happy WOYWDW

Lilian B # 8

April said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers coming your wait.
April #18

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

My thoughts are with you Caro. The photo of your Gran is so special. Hope the cold is beter soon. Sending gentle hugs, Angela x9x

StampinCarol said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Gran. Always hard on family when they pass. But knowing where she went is a blessing.
Great page you make of her. So bright and cheerful!
Thanks for popping by and have a blessed week.
Carol N #20

Shoshi said...

O Caro, I am so sorry to hear you have lost your beloved Gran, but like when Dad died, the sorrow is mixed with joy in the knowledge that they are now with Jesus in glory and waiting for us to join them! I gasped aloud when I zoomed in on the beautiful photo of her on your stunning journal page (love that background!) and read what her favourite Bible verse was - Romans 8:28 - my favourite verse too!! It's been my watchword for nearly 35 years and I have lived the proof of it more times than I can count. I pray that the Lord will comfort you as you mourn your Gran and feel so keenly her absence from your lives.

Sorry also to hear that you are feeling so unwell. This won't help at this time, I know. Praying for a rapid recovery. Let us know when your Gran's funeral is going to be. I shall be praying for you all.

Thank you so much for your visit and your continuing prayers which mean so much to me. I am trying not to worry (or even think!) too much about my impending PIP decision. I agree with you that an hour for the assessment was a long time and I was getting very tired by the end. People with no experience of ME wouldn't have appreciated this fact. I had already waited over an hour in the waiting room while she read my very lengthy application form. The most exhausting part was the stress and worry associated with it all. It really was quite an ordeal.

I'm sorry you've had to deal with ME in the family too. It is not an easy illness to live with, and I am sure that after 18 years you have found ways to manage it. Management, and pacing, is the key really, and I have found that acceptance is the greatest gift too - people are often confused by this and think it means giving up, but it's quite different! Once you stop trying to fight it and accept its limitations, you can give it house room and get on with your life. There have been many benefits for me, not least in having the time to discover my art. I used to do a lot of things before ME but now I do different things. Say Hi to your hubby from me and wish him all the very best!

God bless, Caro, and thank you again.
Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #11

Sarah Brennan said...

I was sorry to see about your Gran's passing on FB Caro and that you are poorly too. The journal page is a lovely tribute. Hugs. Happy belated WOYWW. Sarah #2

Dorlene Durham said...

My condolences to you and your family. I love the journal spread to honor her. Have a wonderful week. Dorlene #22

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

May the peace of the Lord be with you in knowing that your Gran is now in the presence of our Creator, Savior and Redeemer. Your tribute to her is beautiful, so she's probably smiling from heaven. Happy belated WOYWW!