Tuesday 5 October 2021

WOYWW 644

 Hello and welcome to my blog for another edition of What's on Your Workdesk. Today is actually my birthday so I will have more to talk about next week, but for now here is my desk as it was yesterday, busy making a card.


You can see my glass mat, inks, stencil, and stamps as I made a couple of cards along a very similar theme. Don't panic, there is a mug of tea off to the lefthand side!



These are the finished cards - quick and simple due to lack of time. I quite like the combination of colourful background with black image and words on these.  With the exception of keeping my bullet journal up to date that is all the crafting I have managed.




I have been swimming though - I am a member of the Bluetits Chill Swimmers and earn badges for various activities.  This week (1st October) was World Bluetit Day when they asked as many of us as possible to celebrate by dipping or swimming in outdoor waters... I was of course happy to oblige!  I think in the end there were over 3,400 people all celebrating this round the world. 






My most magical swim though was on Sunday in an old disused reservoir in the moors outside Sheffield where I swam listening to the bellowing of stags.  

On a less pleasant not, for those of you asking for an update on my RAT situation we have video evidence of it, and it is pretty big....(Argh!). It has stock piled some poison blocks so we are fastidiously putting all food into plastic tubs so it can't get at it, in the hopes that it will eat the poison as its only source of food.... fingers crossed!  That's all from me for now. I'm off to celebrate my birthday with a day off work, so I will be eating, crafting and reading. Take care everyone,

With love & God Bless,
Caro

xxx

 




17 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Oh the RAT - I almost forgot about it. Argh. I prefer our lat night visitor - the hedgehog that meanders around the grill area looking for treats. He seems quite sweet when we catch him on video but I fear the day he is replaced by a Mr. Rat. Eek. On a positive note, the cards are quite good, and yep totally in agreement with the Black & Bright combo. Such great contrast it makes both elements just feel MORE IYKWIM.Bluetits, indeed. LOL.

Happy WOYWW, early today :)
Mary Anne (1)

Neet said...

I cannot get to grips with the antics of your enormous rat. I am sure he has been trained to do all the damage he has done and to stockpile things as your description on FB. He is very clever!
It must have felt wonderful to get out swimming, clean and away from Mr Ratty, congratulations on your achievements. Lovely photos.
Lovely cards too.
Hugs, Neet 9 xx
oops, nearly forgot - Happy Birthday xx

Lynnecrafts said...

Happy birthday Caro! I love your mosaic-like card backgrounds. Very effective.
Glad you’re still enjoying chill swimming BRRRR! How horrible to have rats about, hope you get rid of them soon.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 15

Annie said...

Hope your unwanted guest moves on very soon for you...it really is a big one! Really hope you have a special day today.
Hugs,
Annie x #7

Twiglet said...

Enjoy your birthday week Caro - I am doing same - though maybe at a slower pace now that I have reached my grand old age!!!! I still chuckle at the title of your swimming group - lovely photos though. xx Jo

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Happy Birthday Caro, hope you have a lovely day celebrating!! The cards you made were great and the swimming pics made me smile! There is a Bluetit group in my village that swim in the sea but only at high tides, cos when the sea goes out, it’s miles away cos of the huge tidal range!
Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Good Morning Caro, HAPPY BIRTHDAY really enjoy your day off and have fun.
lots of great photos on your post today.

Sarah Brennan said...

Hope you've been having a good birthday Caro and that ratty finds alternative accommodation soon. Love the cards - very effective. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Helen said...

Happy birthday!! I hope you've managed a swim to celebrate and been thoroughly spoiled! Good luck with the rat problem.... can't begin to think how awful that would be. Helen #2

Shoshi said...

I was wondering how you were getting on with the rat situation, Caro. I hope you are soon rid of him. Gorgeous photos of you enjoying the swimming and being swamped by a waterfall! You look so happy! Lovely cards you've made - what a pretty background.

Happy WOYWW and God bless,
Shoshi x #13

Empire of the Cat said...

Happy birthday! Yay for cards and swimming, boo for rats :( Happy WOYWW! Elle #21, EOTC

StampinCarol said...

I cracked up at the name of your swim group.
Cool cards! And what wonderful photos!
Hope the rat gets gone soon!
Have a great week!
Carol N #19

Crafting With Jack said...

Wishing you a very happy birthday for yesterday. Your swimming surroundings look wonderful. Hope the unwanted visitor goes soon! Hugs Angela #8

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Caro, I seem to have got behind this week as there have been lots of distractions but always like to try and visit everyone if I can. Great to see you out swimming again and the cards are gorgeous. Hope your Rat leaves home soon. Wishing you a very happy belated woyww, Angela x16x

Ali Wade Designs said...

Happy Belated WOYWW and Happy Belated Birthday. I hope that by now the rat is no more. We get them out on the farmyard, but thankfully never in the house. Our cat, Milky, would not allow that. She is 14, but still a very determined hunter. She brought a whole and very large pigeon into the house a few weeks ago (thankfully it was dead!). No idea how she fitted it through the catflap or dragged it through the house and up the stair. Her catflap is now set so she can only go out through it! Swimming outdoors used to be a big pleasure for me - but only in the sea, and only in the summer in the UK. However, the water is just too cold for me now (it will bring on a lot of pain and other symptoms). Your photos always look glorious. Ali x #4

Anonymous said...

See, if there’s no tea, we’ll know you've been replaced or sent in a locum! I love your use of the bird on your card, I have always kept in my Christmas box and now it shall be released to roost amongst my all seasons! I hope you enjoyed every minute of your birthday and I fervently hope that the rat is a gonner by now.

Stacy Sheldon said...

Happy Happy Belated Birthday Caro, hope its been just lovely :) and that is fun to see the stenciled backgrounds and the views where you swim too. ~Stacy #22