Wednesday 12 September 2018

WOYWW 484

Welcome back to my blog and another nose at my desk.  I am, as usual, joining in with the wonderful Julia's weekly desk hop so check out the other desks here.
This is my desk in the process of Bible Journalling. For those of you not familiar with this, it is taking a passage of the Bible and illustrating it (or writing about it) in the margins of a wider than normal Bible.  I have been doing this on and off for over a year and love it as a way of going deeper into God's word.  On the desk you can see a large mug of tea (still hot), my prisma colouring pencils, some gold peel offs and the pens I have been using.
This is the finished page which is of Daniel in the Lions Den.  I have loved this Bible story ever since I was a little girl - as a child I was fascinated by the fact that God shut the lions mouths so Daniel was not hurt, but as an adult I am admiring of Daniel's courage and perseverance to stick to the truth and doing the right thing in the face of potential death.  He didnt hide away, but just carried on doing what he knew was right, and when he was punished for it, he had faith that God would be with him even though he knew he could die.  I wish I was that courageous!

For those of you who asked hopefully next week I will have a little more time to explain how I use my Leuchterm journal - a mixture of appointments, tasks and journaling, so for now I will leave you with this photo of one page in the diary - a mostly memory style page of photos and words (no tasks this time)... for some reason I can't change the orientation.  Sorry.
That's all from me this week.  I hope you all have a good week.
Love
Caro
x

13 comments:

Marit said...

I love the journal with the photos and text, the ultimate 'memory-keeping'! Have a great week, happy woyww and a big hug from Holland. Marit #18

Neet said...

I too loved the story of Daniel as a child. Interesting to read your perspective on why the Lord closed the mouths as he did - my little cat (God rest her tiny soul) used to bite me when play-fighting but she never ever used her teeth. Similarly with her claws, she always tucked them in. So maybe that is something cats do as a result of Daniel in the Lions Den when they are play-fighting. Sorry, think I maybe rambling here but hope you get my drift.
Love your Bible journalling.
Hugs, Neet 9 xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Your journal looks amazing...such a good idea. I admire you for keeping up with it, I've never been a diary writer or journal keeper, just don't have the patience required. Your illustrations in the bible journaling are amazing too!
Hugs LLJ 10 xxx

Sarah Brennan said...

Love the illustrations with the bible journaling Caro. Are they a stamp or hand drawn? Have a great week. Sarah #5

Claire said...

Love the Bibles with the big margins! And fab journal pages - and thanks for the visit. Good luck with your worshop prep :)
Happy WOYWW :)
Claire no. 2

Diana Taylor said...

What beautiful illustrations in your bible - and what a lovely idea, I've never heard of doing that before. Your other journal looks very interesting and a great way of keeping organised and preserving memories by the look of it - I look forward to learning more about what you do.
Have a great week,
Diana x #17

Helen said...

Your Bible journalling looks fantastic. Have a great week. I have no willpower when it comes to craft shopping, and no-one to stop me either! But it keeps me quiet... Helen #1

Heather M said...

Hi Caro, your bible drawing is wonderful. What a talented lady you are! I know several people keep journals, I know I wouldn't keep up with it, so have started scrapbooking instead, one for each important part of my life. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier, it would be lovely to meet you at a crop one day. Have a lovely week Heather x #11

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Caro, loving your bible journaling it's a great project. Have a good week and happy woyww, Angela x13x

Julia Dunnit said...

Sorry I’m late. Again! Love the Daniel story too, and your illustration is fab. Lovely Patsy does the same, in a specially wider Bible, I do think it’s a brilliant idea and could easily transfer to some of my fave novels too....publishers take note! Happy to see a mug of tea in progress on your desk, it reassures me that you’ve at least found the time to sit for as long as it takes to drink that!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

What great work Caro, I can imagine reading back over your Bible Journal indulging in the art work and illustrations. I too loved the story of Daniel, it may have even influenced me to name our second Son Daniel..
Thanks for sharing WOYWW Tracey #4

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your Bible jpurnal is amazing. I like that story of Daniel, too. Your other journal looks quite interesting. I'm impressed. I can't keep ONE journal, much less two! Sorry I was late visiting, but so grateful you stopped by earlier. Happy WOYWW from #3.

glitterandglue said...

Hi Caro. I'm really late visiting this week so I apologise to everyone... My daughter has a journaling Bible which she uses on a really regular basis - afraid I don't journal at all - anywhere - but I love the page you have done. Daniel did indeed have incredible faith in Father God
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #20