Wednesday 10 November 2021

WOYWW 649

 Another week has flown by and it is time to show my desk again for What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday, hosted by the lovely Julia.


This is my desk as it was at 10pm last night when I was working in my journals.  I am often asked how I keep my journals up to date and the answer to that is by having 30 minutes set aside at the end of the day to fill in the days events and to write my to do list for tomorrow.  On my desk you can see an empty cup of tea (even I don't drink tea this late), my three journals (the one that isn't open is my prayer and gratitude journal - a journal where I write my prayers of thanks and requests for family and friends and things coming up in life), a couple of pens, a to do list on a blue pad, and my little box of stickers being used for this month.




My only crafting this week was a fun evening with a Girls night out, a group of ladies from church and our local area who get together once a month. This month we were hand sewing Christmas decorations.  As I have often said, I am rubbish at sewing, usually end up with the thread in a tangle and generally get frustrated so I was quite impressed that I had success with this!  Mine is the tree with the gold ric rac on it.



The reason there has been little time for crafting is that Tim and I have been trying to sort out pipe insulation under our kitchen floor so that we avoid the risk of freezing pipes.  This has involved me crawling under the floor to much hilarity (and subsequent stiffness) - it might look like a good fit, but there is a small wall under my thighs that left some interesting bruises, and I nearly got my shoulders stuck trying to insulate the pipe in question!


My swimming challenges are off to a good start... I have swum 5 times so far this month, not wearing neoprene at all, and the temperature is now down to 8.5 degrees in some locations. It is harder to swim during the week, due to the shorter days but I am hopeful I will be able to complete my challenges!


I will leave you with this photo of the three of us celebrating Tim's birthday at the weekend.

Take care and stay safe,

With love & God Bless,

Caro

xxx

18 comments:

Annie said...

I had a good chuckle at you lying between the floor boards...I hope the lagging all got done and your bruises are healing well. I hope Tim had a good birthday.
Hugs,
Annie x #7

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I think you’ve succeeded on so many levels this week - the little tree is lovely and well done for overcoming your sewing hiccups. The pipe lagging was amazing and I’m impressed you could fit into that space! And sticking to your 30 minutes ‘just for you’ is absolutely the most important thing, why are we so bad at making time for ourselves? Love the birthday pic!
Hugs LLJ 5 xx

Neet said...

What a delightful photo of the three of you at the end of your blog post. Belated birthday wishes Tim.
Oh dear, I saw the pictures of you and the pipes on FB - braver than me going down there.
Well done on the swimming too.
Lovely little Christmas Decorations - your tree is pretty.
Now I like the idea of that 'prayer and gratitude journal', that is something I could do with right now. So much sorrow around me that it weighs heavily on my shoulders and I feel so weighed down at times, maybe writing these things down would help, plus help me to remember all the people I need to pray for.
Take care
Blessings, Neet 3 xx

BJ said...

Super picture of the 3 of you, lovely and smiley. The floor photo was a bit scary for me, eeeek. Nice tree, I must get back to sewing now my hand doesn't go numb at the sight of a needle anymore. Love your sticker box, a lovely way to spruce up your journals. BJ#8

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Oh Caro, what a fun post, interesting things you do. Swimming makes me shiver that late in the season, but I don't know where you live so must be warmer climate. Good luck with that house renovation. Yes freezing pipes are a bad vibe. Loving the little tree you created. and I liked the paragraph on how you journal. It sounds relaxing and organized, I NEED to try it. maybe mind calming? Have a fun week

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Sounds like a good practice to set aside 30 mins each day. Funny picture of you in the floor cavity - I take it you've sorted out the rat problem - otherwise I would be very reluctant to lie in there LOL! Lovely triple selfie with your peachy complexions - I would only be able to achieve that with heavy filtering for all three of us hehe - two of us being too old and the third being too spotty! Have a lovely week, Caro! xx zsuzsa #22

Lynnecrafts said...

Well done you, Caro, for sewing such a good Christmas tree, when you don’t like sewing!
Hope you enjoyed Tim’s birthday.
Take care with your swimming, there’s nasty weather forecast next week
Have a good week
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 12

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Oh Caro, you crazy lady! I think I would have had to get a man in for that job Lol! Well done with the journal you are very good at keeping it up to date and I'm well impressed. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x13x

Sarah Brennan said...

Hope Tim had a good birthday Caro. well done with the discipline of journaling each day too. Good luck with the ongoing swimming challenges as well. Cool Christmas tree. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

Catriona said...

What a good sport you are taking photos of yourself doing the insulation. It will be worthwhile when it is done. I love your journals and every year I promise myself I will start one! šŸ’•

Helen said...

I'm incredibly impressed at your flexibility as much as your give it a go attitude!! Your crafty get together sounds fab Helen #2

Ellie said...

Your journals are lovely! I keep one myself. Oh my goodness, I thought you were stuck when I saw the photo of you face down! well lets just say you are braver than me for going in water that cold
take care
Ellie #26

Crafting With Jack said...

I am sure you have your share of life’s problems, but I always think of you as a happy smiling person. As soon as I click on your name I start smiling! I see you are suitable dressed for being on or under the floor, but it looks a very small space to work in. Couldn’t you just have somebody pump that insulating foam down there? Perhaps it would start coming through the floorboards- not funny! My husband never likes my suggestions eitheršŸ¤£. Love those stickers did you get them from Amazon? Lovely family photograph. God Bless Angela #6

Shoshi said...

I'm glad they didn't board you up under the floor, Caro. You hear of this happening to cats when building work is going on!! You are a very disciplined person, keeping up with your journal on a day to day basis like that - I think I'd be too tired or find it too much of a chore! Happy birthday to Tim.

Happy belated WOYWW and God bless,
Shoshi #10

Stacy Sheldon said...

ooowie, that looks so uncomfortable Caro, I hope you get all those pipes finished being wrapped soon. and I had to grin seeing all your smiling faces too. ~Stacy #26

Diana Taylor said...

You've certainly packed a lot into your week! The craft group looks like fun and I love the little tree you made. Hope you've got everything sorted out under the floor now - that doesn't look the nicest of jobs and I hope your hubby was on standby to grab your ankles and pull you out if needed!
I'm impressed at your half an hour a day for your journal, I think it's a good idea, and I know I'd be itching to get using those gorgeous stickers each day too.
Lovely photo of the three of you,
Have a great week and sorry I'm late this week,
Diana xx #18

Kyla said...

ooh loving your makes and journals. I tried that the other week too, putting 30 mins at the end of the day before I went to bed just sitting in the craft room "playing" and it was brilliant. I may need to try to do that more often. Good luck with crawling under your floors, not easy at all and fair play with the wild swimming count this month already.

kyla

Spyder said...

Oh wow...I never knew pipe cladding could be such fun! Love the christmas decorations and of course your journaling! Looks brilliant. Sorry I'm so late, so much too-ing and fro-ing this week and I couldn't get into Julia's Hope you had a great week. ((lyn)) #24
ps, thanks for your visit.