Wednesday 17 November 2021

WOYWW 650

 Hello and welcome back to my blog for another edition of What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday hosted by the lovely Julia.


This is my desk as it was yesterday evening as I was catching up on my diary. My laptop is taking up much of my desk and you can see my transfer stickers, my diary, my mug of tea etc.



These are the latest two pages so I am nicely up to date.


This week has been busy as I was preaching at our Remembrance Day service on Sunday to a completely packed congregation including our uniformed groups and children's' choir. Always a challenge to make things accessible to all but a challenge I enjoyed. This stunning display is outside church and is made from plastic bottles by a member of our congregation - amazing, isn't it?!


We still don't have a kitchen floor down which is making life challenging but I have been assured that we will have one tomorrow - we have completed all the insulation which makes it more likely! I did as much as I could manage and then the builders finished off today.




It wouldn't be me without a mention of swimming and I have had some lovely swims this week both in the local plunge pool and a lake up the road from me. The temperatures are around 9oC at the moment so not too bad!  That's all from me for now, I hope you are all keeping well.  Take care and stay safe,

With love & God Bless,
Caro

xxx

13 comments:

Catriona said...

Glad the service went well and thanks for sharing the stunning poppy display. I’m in awe of hiw you manage to keep all the journals going with all the other things you do. Your swim looks so exhilarating and refreshing. X

Mary Anne said...

Your diary habits are, as ever, super inspiring. And the cold water swimming is still scary. I have ZERO aspirations in that direction LOL! But my goodness that poppy display is stunning. Locally we have quite a fab knitted and crocheted poppy display and one of our local mail boxes has a stunning crocheted and stuffed soldier's head on it. There was another in Oxford that I have seen online. Very cool. Like your swimming... :D

Happy WOYWW
Mary Anne (1)

Lunch Lady Jan said...

The poppies are wonderful, Caro - I’ve seen the same idea here too, very clever. You’re doing so well keeping up with the diary, I just don’t have the sticking power. Impressed with your insulating work as well, if ever the day job goes AWOL, you have a second talent, lol!
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

Diana Taylor said...

The display is beautiful and amazing that it's made out of old bottles - who would have thought. I hope you get your kitchen floor down tomorrow, I bet that will feel good after all your hard work. What a beautiful photo of the river by the trees - it looks magical.
Hope you have great week,
Diana xx #12

My name is Cindy said...

What a gorgeous poppy display!! I probably should keep a diary if only to reassure myself I don't spend my whole staring into space!! So look forward to seeing your smiling face in your swimming photos - you really look like you are enjoying yourself (Still having a hard time with this lol). Have a lovely week, love n hugs Cindy xx #14

Helen said...

Much as I shudder about the water I envy you finding it so uplifting. Glad you've finished your part on the floor repair !! Have a good week xx Helen #2

Crafting With Jack said...

That view looks lovely, how I miss going for walks though woods. My mobility scooter just won’t cope with the terrain. You will be so glad to have your floor finished. The poppy display looks great Happy WOYWW Angela #7

Julia Dunnit said...

And 8t wouldn’t be me if I didn’t talk about chilly water!! You are amazing. I’m sure you have a gift for making your preaching accessible, I hope you enjoyed it! Well done on the kitchen floor, well done indeed, I assume it wasn’t insulated before given the problems that you’ve encountered, by this evening and first thing tomorrow morning, you will really know the difference! All that and an up to date diary, you deserve that big pot of tea and I hope there’s some relaxing in the doing!

Annie said...

It’s a case of better late than never with me today...it was an early start for me and I’ve been head down sewing all day.....needs must. I’m now sat babysitting so have a little time to visit my favourite blogs.
Well done you with your diary. Hope your kitchen floor gets finished very soon for you.
Hugs,
Annie x #6

StampinCarol said...

What a beautiful display!
Hope your floor gets finished soon.
Love your swimming photos, especially the last one!
Have a wonderful week!
Carol N #20

Christine said...

Beautiful display of Poppies. Glad the service went well.
Christine #22

Susan Renshaw said...

Fabulous poppy display!

Those pages in your diary are very impressive!

Happy WOYWW!
Stay safe and keep well!
Susan #16
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

Elizabeth said...

I'm so impressed with the Remembrance Day poppy display, Caro, and what better way to recycle plastic bottles. Your diary is lovely and how nice to be up to date too. I know you love your wild swimming but it still looks far too cold even for this fairly hardy northerner. Sorry I'm so late. Elizabeth x 24