Wednesday 13 April 2022

WOYWW 671

 Happy Wednesday everyone, and Happy Easter.  Apologies for missing last week, but I was in the midst of sermon writing for Palm Sunday and simply didn't have time to post. Having completed all my church commitments for the time being I am now able to join in with Julia's What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday, the longest running and friendliest blog hop of them all. 


Here is my desk, and for once there has actually been crafting going on!  As I am on annual leave I have had a chance to try and catch up with my diary (photos will have to come later). As I was nearly three months behind this is taking some time, but it feels so good to start to do it. The words were all there (they get written every night) but the photos needed sorting and printing. You can see my diary, my bullet journal, my mug of tea and various pens and stickers in this photo.



I have also made two cards, one for Alex who turned 15 last week, and one for my mother-in-law who is currently on a knitting frenzy.




Alex had a very quiet and simple birthday this week spending the day mostly mooching on the sofa although he did go go-karting, and see a friend for an hour or so.


I am still swimming and the water is slowly beginning to warm up meaning I can stay in for longer. This photo is of me in our local plunge pool, getting a back massage from the waterfall!  That is all from me for now.  Take care and I hope you all have a very Happy Easter.

With love & God Bless,

Caro

xx

15 comments:

Crafting With Jack said...

Such lovely smiling faces as usual, you make me smile in return. Great cards. Enjoy your time off and have a lovely Easter x Angela #6

Sarah Brennan said...

Glad you have some time to catch up with your diaries Caro and that Alex had a good birthday too. Enjoy the swimming while it's warmer. Great cards! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #12

Neet said...

I thought of you yesterday when I swatched some TV personalities jumping in an ice cold pool. Inside my head I said "bet Caro could do that".
Lovely cards and I cannot get over that you have all those books on the go at once. Good luck with catching up with the diary.
Blessings, Neet 1 xx

Annie said...

Thanks for calling by at mine and for your lovely comments. It’s been a long anxious road lately and hopefully life can return to a little nearer normal....whatever that means lol
Hope Alex had a wonderful birthday...15 years? Where has that time gone?
Hugs,
Annie x #5

Diana Taylor said...

The cards are fab - the knitting one made me laugh, I love it. Glad Alex had a nice birthday and I'm glad the water is slowly warming up for you - I would still need it bath temperature! Good luck playing catch up with the journal.
Hope you have a lovely week,
Diana xx #9

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Happy belated Birthday to Alex and pleased the water is warming up too. My fish agree as they are becoming much more active. I imagine you will be quite busy as it's Easter so pleased you've been able to join in with us today. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x10x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Great cards, Alex’s one suited him and the lady knitting made me smile! I’m glad the water is warming up now, you made me feel chilly in the snow!
Hugs LLJ 3 xxx

Helen said...

Glad you got your sermon written so you are able to join in this week. Alex's birthday sounds fun. I love the photo of you in the plunge pool and am glad that the water is warming up now. Helen #2

Twiglet said...

Lovely cards Caro and your description of the plunge pool sounds wonderful - but I am still not tempted!! xx Jo

StampinCarol said...

Happy late birthday to Alex! Great cards! Love the photos!
Have a wonderful week!
Carol N #15

Lindart said...

Happy Birthday to Alex, he's growing up fast! You look very happy getting your back massage provided by Mother Nature!
Have Happy Easter! Have a great week, Lindart #18

Tracy said...

Hellooo Caro 🤗 what a pleasure it is to see inside your books ... such beauty between the pages. So glad to read the water is warming up beside you 😘 still wet suit weather here for Alex 😱 Beautiful cards and off you and your family 🤗💕 Enjoy the rest of your leave, sending love and hugs Tracy #14 xxx

Julia Dunnit said...

Easter wishes to you Caro. I’m not surprised that you’ve been busy with church commitments, and I expect your sermons are in demand, I’d love to hear one. Nice bunch of stickers you’re working with, it’s bizarre isn’t it, I love them , love using them but for me, nothing compares to the satisfaction of an empty sheet going in the bin….I don’t know if that’s because I’ve used them nicely or because I like the lack of waste. Strange. Sounds to me that Alex had a pretty perfect birthday, and I bet he’s not struggling with the reality of his age like I am!! So glad that you’re able to swim for a bit longer, knowing how important it is to you and for you, I’m determined not to accuse you of madness every time I see a picture of you in the water. The plunge pool looks fab, but would cause me to shriek - I didn’t even swim in the pool in Spain last week…the sea was too rough to try…does a pathetic shrieking but breathless paddle count?!!

Kelly said...

Happy Easster, Caro!
Happy Belated Birthday, Alex. How can you be 15 already?!! I hope you enjoyed your day. Creative Blessings! ~Kelly

Bridget Larsen said...

That waterfall looks glorious, you son looks so happy and appreciative
Bridget #20