Wednesday 21 September 2022

Back from an absence! WOYWW 694

 Hello and welcome back to my blog, which I am resurrecting after a long absence.  Life has been a little crazy and I simply havent had time to craft or blog, but I am hoping to make some changes to enable both to happen a little more regularly so I can join in with the wonderful What's on Your Workdesk blog hop hosted by the lovely Julia.


This is actually my desk at work in the medical school as I am in work today meeting the new cohort of medical students!  I am the lead for the personal tutoring scheme and will be giving the first lecture of the new academic year to the freshers this morning.


There has only really been one little bit of crafting in recent weeks and this was a diamond wedding anniversary card for a couple from my previous church.  I didn't have much in the way of appropriate colours, but was quite pleased with how the card turned out.



This has been quite the week for us in England as we shared in mourning our beloved Queen.  At church we had our chapel open most of the time with a book of remembrance for people to sign, and then I stayed glued to the television for most of Monday, heading out for a swim after the final service at Windsor. The water was so still and beautiful that it felt perfect after the day of mourning.



That's all from me for now. I hope to see some of you in Shrewsbury.

With love & God Bless

Caro

xxxx

13 comments:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Caro, I thought you might be back at work as we've seen all the students arriving here over the weekend. The Uni has just about taken over Lincoln since it was built. Nice photos and a lovely card too wishing you a very happy and productive woyww, Angela x9x

Mary Anne said...

Nice to see you back! Me too, as I have been quite busy of late and not been visiting. Happy to finally get to hop this week, albeit feebly. Lovely views over the water, and yes, probably a nice setting to reflect and rejuvenate. The card is fab, and good luck with your students.
Happy WOYWW from my bed with a bad back. Ugh!
Mary Anne (6)

Catriona said...

Exciting times when the new cohort of students arrive each year! Just a gentle reminder that Queen Elizabeth died in the Scottish part of her realm and there was great sadness here too as Operation Unicorn swung into action and Edinburgh became the focus for her Scottish subjects to say goodbye.x Catriona

glitterandglue said...

Morning Caro. Fresher's week!! Oh my - they didn't have things like that back in my day :-) But my middle grandchild is enjoying her first week in Bangor - about to embark on Marine Biology and Zoology.
Good to know we will meet in Shrewsbury... I have been absent from WOYWW a lot this year, but got myself back in the saddle and decided I would like to get over there as well..
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #5

Helen said...

I saw your post about your swim on Monday and it looks beautiful! It was a wonderful send off . Helen #2

Annie said...

Another busy day for me but work is now done and I can pop round to see all my fav blogs.
We were travelling home on Monday so we listened to the funeral on the car radio and put the telly on as soon as we got home...done to perfection.
Hugs,
Annie x #8

Tracy said...

Hellooo Caro ๐Ÿค— life can be such a rollercoaster ... it's a joy to pop over today. Hope all went well with the new medical students ๐Ÿ’• Gorgeous card that I'm sure will be treasured ⭐ to your beautiful Chapel , I too spent Monday glued to the TV. Such a peaceful way to end your day, stunning photos! We went for a long walk around the Loch after ... much peace in the walking. Sending love and hugs Tracy #15 xxx

Tracy said...

Hellooo Caro ๐Ÿค— life can be such a rollercoaster ... it's a joy to pop over today. Hope all went well with the new medical students ๐Ÿ’• Gorgeous card that I'm sure will be treasured ⭐ to your beautiful Chapel , I too spent Monday glued to the TV. Such a peaceful way to end your day, stunning photos! We went for a long walk around the Loch after,much peace in the walking. Sending love and hugs Tracy #15 xxx

Sarah Brennan said...

I am looking forward to the crop too Caro. Hope all the work with the freshers goes well in the meantime. Lovely anniversary card. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

Crafting With Jack said...

Such a great show of pageantry and an outpouring of love from her people. We watched TV nearly all of Monday. Happy WOYWW. Angela #18

Julia Dunnit said...

You’ll see me in Shrewsbury! You seem permanently busy to me, I’d say the summer was but a breather rather than a break for you! Lucky new students, to have you at the head of their team. I think the diamond wedding card is lovely, it’s such a long marriage isn’t it, I don’t think the colours are as important as the gesture of acknowledging such a milestone.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Summer has been so busy, and will only get busier with the students! Hope all goes well. The church being open for people must have helped many, well done x

I won’t be around for the next couple of weeks, see you soon!
Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

Twiglet said...

Lovely card Caro. Looking forward to seeing you next week! xx Jo