Wednesday 11 January 2023

WOYWW 710

 Hello and welcome back to my blog for this week's edition of What's on your Workdesk Wednesday, hosted by the lovely Julia. 


This is my desk as it was late last night - my mug of tea is almost run out, but not quite, and I had just finished another quick collage in my little notebook. Towards the back of my desk you can see two books which are on the Hebrew names of God - they are there because we are starting a series on this in our cafe style church and I am leading the first session on Sunday, so I am hoping they will inspire me!  The rest of the contents of my desk are usual crafting things that are for collaging. 


I am trying to do on average one quick collage (less than 10 minutes including planning) a day in January to kick start my creativity.... 










so far so good but we will see if I manage to keep it up!


I am still swimming now that I am well again, but the weather hasn't always been kind.  I did get two good swims at the weekend though, one in the sun which was lovely. 


As a special treat this week I got to go to the theatre to see a new musical "Standing at the skies edge" which is transferring to the West End in a fortnight. It is based on lives in a block of flats in Sheffield called, Park Hill Flats.  They were built in the 60s with a lot of hope, and then became really rough and run down in the 80s-90s and then saw a major refurbishment in the 2010s and the musical follows the stories of three different families from those three different eras - it was incredibly powerful and moving and I thoroughly enjoyed it, sobbed at the end and can't stop thinking about it - that is the sign of a good musical! That's all from me for now.  Take care of yourselves,

With love & God Bless,

Caro

xxx


15 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

I adore your collage pages Caro. The musical sounds fab - I will have to look out for it if it goes regional. Hope you manage more swims this week. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Oh Caro, your collage's are all great. I love doing the Tiny ones daily but working with the bigger space gets me rattled. It's finding the images, seems to waste a lot of time for me. We have no open water here !@ frozen solid and covered with lots of snow !!
Enjoy a good week Happy WOYWW #14

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I’d have sobbed with you! The power of a good musical. I think you are a master of collages, you have the knack of putting them together! Definitely something to continue with.
Hugs LLJ 1 xxx

Christine said...

Love your post.
I remember giving a series of sermons on the Names of God when we ran our Church, I am going to sort them out and have a reread . . . thank you for the aide de memoire.
Skipped over the photo of you in the water . . . it is just too cold!
I have made a note of that musical, sounds 'awesome', and so pleased you enjoyed it.
Have a good week
Christine #17

Helen said...

Loving the collage pages . I intended to try regular crafting but spend the evenings in front of the TV! The musical sounds excellent. Helen #4

Susan Renshaw said...

Super collage pieces!
And swimming again!!
I remember Park Hill Flats from when we lived in Sheffield. I would love to see the musical.
Happy WOYWW! Susan #6

Annie said...

The musical sounds lovely. Your collages are fab...and so quickly done too.
Hugs,
Annie x #7

Mary Anne said...

I adore your collages - I have always been drawn to the surreal ones and have gone so far as to collect images but never made one. Silly me. And that play sounds right up my alley. I do so miss living in the Barbican and going to the west end most weekends. Deep Dorset is not a hotbed of live theatre... I see you are still cold water swimming. Yikes. Sorry you were unwell. Maybe you missed out the truly frigid weather last year? It was far too cold to go OUT let alone swimm :D
HAPPY WOYWW!
Mary Anne (10)

BJ said...

WOW loving the collages, especially the background stamping, they are so magical and bring a super warmth to view them - sigh. Do let me know how the session on the Names of God goes, I'd be up for doing the 52 names each week too sounds great. BJ#2

Neet said...

That musical sounds good, especially for you living in the town.
Well, all I can say is WOW to the journal pages. They are fabulous and i would spend 10 minutes pondering so would be no good.
Glad the swimming is carrying on, you look so radiant with it.
Blessings, neet 5 xx
ps thanks for the 'rellies' prayers x

Twiglet said...

Well, I just enlarged your main photo and had a good snoop. I spied a little aTilly tea dance sheep picture! And a purple troll? Your collages are fab. Yes I remember Park Hill flats from my time in Sheffield. I can imagine how moving the musical is - something to look out for if it goes round the provinces. x x Jo

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Oh wow! Caro I remember Park Hill flats, we used to pass them as we went into the city. I bet the musical was brilliant. We saw them go up and we saw them at their worst too. It makes me sad really at how the city changed from how it was when I was a child. Meadow Hall didn't help, though some of the big shops had already closed before it opened. My hubby's favourite place to go was a shop called Violet May. She was a very important part of the music scene in her day and imported records from America though at the time we didn't realise the value of them but we do now and have sold several for crazy amounts. Sorry gone off on a tangent there but happy days! Thanks for the visit to mine and wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x13x

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

My name is Cindy said...

I am impressed you can do anything in 10 minutes! Very impressive. Glad you are getting back into the swimming, know you love it so (brrrrrr!!). I will keep an eye out for that musical, sounds a bit different. Happy WOYWW, love n hugs Cindy xx #8

Crafting With Jack said...

10 minutes including planning - Wow! It takes me that long or longer to get ready 🤣. Just putting away the Christmas craft today, so I can start this years x Angela #18