Sunday 15 August 2010

Crafting weekend

Having had a busy and somewhat stressful week we decided to have a really relaxing and peaceful weekend, as much as that is possible with a 3 year old!  We did the usual jobs of shopping, cooking, cleaning, tidying etc and as the weather wasn't great yesterday Alex and I decided to bake rice crispie cakes. 
Easiest recipe in the world and a very happy and sticky small boy! We also had to go into Sheffield so Alex had the treat of going on the tram which he loves. 
Today we played in the garden and then decided to go swimming again this afternoon. I managed to sneak this photo of Alex all ready to go into the pool.  He didn't like me taking the picture as he was impatient to get into the water! He loved it just as much as before, but decided not to go underwater this time, preferring to try and float instead.  We also went down the waterslides several times which was great fun.
Apart from those trips out I have alternated with Tim in  looking after Alex which has left me with a reasonable amount of free time in which to craft. Yippee!  This card was made for the Quirky Crafts challenge, which was to use shrink plastic, one piece of ribbon, at least one eyelet and two different patterned papers.  The shrink plastic was used for the pint of guinness, although as this was my first attempt with shrink plastic it didn't work terribly well.  I have also discovered that printer ink doesn't really work on shrink plastic as it never dries!!
The only scrapbook page I made this weekend also fitted the Quirky Crafts challenge, and followed this weeks Sketchy Thursday sketch, but combined the double page layout into a single one.  The photographs feature my Italian Pen Friend 'Francesca' taken in 1987 and fits with the 'summertime blues' theme from Simon Says stamp, and 'seeing double' from Meljen's (I used two shell images on shrink plastic as well as two shell corner stamps),
I've been catching up on the swaps I have joined in with so made some inchies for a swap on 'childhood' using old fashioned images and inking, stamping, writing, and adding gems to them. As most of these involve moving around I am entering them for Paperplays 'Bon Voyage' swap.
I also made some ATC collages of my favourite things for a swap on CM&PC forum, run by Lyn.  My favourite things are tea, Musicals, and chocolate. The musicals ATCs also fit with the 'music' challenge from Crazy 4 challenges this week.
Finally I had to make a leaving card for work.  The person who is leaving is an Italian scientist hence the Italian flag in the background and the crazy scientist image in the foreground.  The card follows this weeks Friday Sketchers design and takes inspiration from the Pollycraft photograph (circles, stars and bright colours).  That is all from me for today.  Have a great week everyone.
Love,
Caro
x

8 comments:

Unknown said...

So many fab creations Caro!!

Love your mad scientist card and how you have brought it together with the Italian flag.

Thank you for joining us this week over at Pollycraft.

Hugs

Joanne x

Heather said...

All fabulous creations Caro - especially Alex - what a cutie!!
Great photographs of your friend Francesca and a fantastic layout - love the sand paper (no pun intended!!)
So glad you could join in the Simon Says Stamp challenge.
hugs Heather xx

lisa said...

You've been busy : )
Lovely creations x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

WOW!! You really have been busy! You do such amazing work!! I especially like that Guinness card :)

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Lauretta See said...

nice projects!!! thank you for joining us this week on the MelJens Challenge. Good luck!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwww!!! I love love love all of your work! Thanks soooooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Sprytebyrd said...

Great projects!

Thanks so much for joining us in our "I See Double!" challenge at Meljen's Designs this week! Good luck!
Dee (Spryte)♥
Sprytebyrds Spot

LazyKay said...

WOW you have been productive and I love rice crispie cakes, yum! I bet you all enjoyed them.

xxxxxxxxx