Sunday 4 March 2012

Changeable weather!

Within the course of the past 2 days we have had high winds, brilliant sunshine, drizzle, heavy rain and even snow.  As I type this we have gone back to drizzle again.  It didn't stop us having fun though...yesterday Alex and I went round to friends where he had a great time playing board games and silly spy games with Katie, and today he spent the afternoon in an indoor play area.
Crafting wise I have, naturally, made my entry for Less Is More.  This week the theme is 'neutral colours' (creams, browns, greys etc) and I used entirely Crafty Individual stamps for my entry. The ribbon and flower were recycled (ribbon was cut out of a pair of trousers and the flower was one of several I rescued from a friend's bin -  LOL!) so I am entering this into Speedy Fox and friend's 'recycle' challenge, as well as Delicious Doodles 'inspired by a song' (Pretty Woman), Fussy & Fancy 'More than words', and Crafty Creations 'Vintage Fashion'.
My Gran (now aged 87) is quite seriously ill at the moment and is on about three different courses of antibiotics so I made this special Spring card for her.  It used the free stamp from IndigoBlu from the cover of this month's Crafty Stamper and cased one of the designer's cards featured in the magazine (Kay Halliwell-Sutton).  The other stamps I used were a mixture of Lavinia stamps, Crafty Individuals and Hero Arts, with distress inks and Onyx black Versafine.  I am entering this card into Flourishes Timeless Tuesday 'country living', Gingersnap 'things that leap' (hares), CCT 'signs of spring', Delightful challenges 'Spring colours', DYSU 'Things with wings' and All sorts 'spread your wings' challenges. The colours don't look quite right in this photo...the hills and trees at the top are actually more green!  Any prayers for my Gran would be much appreciated.  That is all from me for now. Have a great week everyone.
Love,
Caro
x

10 comments:

Mandi said...

Lovely LIM card Caro, the script looks super wit the elegant lady
Wishing your grandmother well again soon
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Chrissie said...

Super LIM card this week Caro... I love the gentle colours.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Anne said...

Hello Caro so sorry to read that your Gran is very poorly. I shall remember her in my prayres. Anne x

Margaret said...

Lovely Caro
Margaret x

Pat said...

Great cards. I especially like the bunny one. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

Julia Dunnit said...

Caro, holding your gran tight in my thoughts.
I forgot about my blog candy draw..did the draw and your name came out! If you're not scared, email me your postal address!

Donelda said...

great vintage card ... and your bunnies are cute too!! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges!

lainey said...

very classy Caro :) lainey x

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Both cards are beautiful. The classy lady is just that, and the work that went into the bunnies for your gran shows love. Thank you for sharing this with us at Delicious Doodles' "Inspired by a Song" challenge and hope to see more of your work soon

Teri said...

Gorgeous cards hun! Perfect for our 'Inspired by a song' theme at Delicious Doodles this time.
Good luck with the draw,
Teri x