Sunday 25 March 2012

Spring has sprung!

Spring is most definitely here; despite thick fog yesterday morning the afternoon cleared up to brilliant sunshine so we headed to the park with Katie and Sheila where the kids spent a happy time racing across the playing field and swinging.
Today we spent a happy morning in the garden, playing with water and sand,
and then spent ages watching this ladybird crawl around the grass.
In the afternoon we went to Millhouses park where Alex was dressed as a pirate
and spent a happy time on the boating lake, before buying a fishing net and catching frogs and toads. Sadly the light was too bright for the camera to cope with!
Crafting wise, it is time for another Quirky Crafts challenge which is a sketch set by Lyn (pop over to the blog to see the sketch).  We have a cool sponsor this time, Bugaboo, who kindly gave us some images to work with.  I chose Edward Elephant Present so that I could make Alex's birthday card.  I used Nana's kids papers, some big brads, and three tiny buttons to make this.  The image was coloured using promarker pens, and decoupaged on Edward, his little bird friend and the red ballon to make the image pop a bit.  I am therefore also entering this card into Kaboodle Doodles 'How cute is that?', Penny's challenge '3 buttons, 2 designer papers, 1 ribbon', Simon says stamp 'Bingo' (Brads, ticket/tag, Ribbon/twine' and DCM 'box of tricks' (this image features a box so I hope it counts!).
I cannot let a weekend go by without joining in with Less is More.  This time the challenge was to combine three of their past challenges.  I chose week 2: Flower or tree, Week 6: off the edge, Week 7: masculine, and week 50: birds. The stamps are all from Crafty Individuals and were my valentines day present from Tim - he knows me very well! I am also entering this into Crazy4challenges 'owls or birds' (sorry, my owl stamp has mysteriously disappeared!) and  Pile it on 'for a man' (this is for my Dad who is a keen bird watcher). That is all from me for now.  Have a great week everyone.
Love,
Caro
x

16 comments:

Dawn said...

I love both your cards, especially the CAS one for your dad! I came over from Pile It On to check out your creation!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx Dude Time Doodles DT

Loli said...

Hola Caro, gorgeous card, fantastic silhouettes, great job.
A hug from Palma

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Caro :-) Alex's card is fab and fun,,, perfect, and the CAS one is gorgeous too :-)

Lovely photo's too ,, what a lovely day ! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Carole said...

Caro what a lovely card, and awesome job my friend!

Chrissie said...

This is fabulous Caro... I love those birds. Did you notice that you had been showcased last week?
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Helen in the UK said...

Love that bird silhouette! Great job :)

Kathyk said...

Great pix and cards - loving your LIM card

Kathyk

Elaine said...

Love the shaded background of your card - just gorgeous!

Rika said...

Sweet birthday card,
thanks for joining in with DCM.

Laura said...

Love the bird card.

Melissa Bove said...

Super adorable card!! Love it!! And all the pics are wonderful! Looks like the kids had a great time! They are very cute!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

Mandi said...

Best present eh Caro
superb card, Chrissie's card last week inspired you me things
This is stunning
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Vicky Hayes said...

Hi Caro - I've missed your lovely photos of you and the children having fun! It reminds me of happy days with my own lovely tots. Your cards are just gorgeous! I particularly like the birds on a wire. (My own LiM entry also features brayering and silhouetted birds but I promise I hadn't seen yours before I entered it!) Vicky x

Scrapmate said...

The LIM card is beautiful - I love the Background.

Linda said...

Lovely card, colour is perfect. Great pictures too xx

Cazzy said...

I bet Alex will love his card, it is so happy!

Cazzy x