Friday 16 March 2012

Yukky Friday

Alex has given me his cold. I was up last night coughing and wheezing with a streaming nose and have a temperature today so have given up on work.  Sadly I don't have the energy to do anything else either which is rather distressing so have been vegging on the sofa with a book and lemsip.
I made this scrapbook layout yesterday evening when I wasn't feeling quite as rough. It features the two men in my life and is entitled '2 Cheeky Chaps'.  The journalling reads 'I am so lucky to have you both in my life.  The papers were all scraps from Cosmo Cricket and I inked round the edges of the Bazzil Basic card stock with fried brick distress ink.  I am entering this into Lasting Memories 'lucky', Cards for men 'Cheeky chappies' (I hope it counts as it isn't a card!), CCCB 'Things in my heart', Gingersnaps 'border punches' (I used a Mary Stewart one), DYSU 'Favourite colour' (red), Delightful challenges 'Someone special' (these are two special people to me) and Paperplay 'Bingo' (stamping, stitching & inks).
This layout followed the sketch by Creative Scrapbookers and followed the theme by Scrap it with a song (the word fantabulous comes from the song Moondance by Van Morrison). I used stipple ink effects and stamps from Lavinia stamp to enhance the background of this layout.  That is all from me for now.  I hope you all have a great weekend.
Love,
Caro
x

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great use of the punched border on your layout! Love your design! Thanks for playing the Border Punches Challenge on Gingersnap Creations! Don't forget to come back and vote for your favorite piece when the challenge closes!

May said...

Bless you, I do hope you feel better soon, Fabulous layouts!! Take care, Hugs May x x x

Janet M said...

I think that you did a fantabulous job on your layout , that picture is just perfect for the title. Thanks for joining us at Scrap It With A Song.

duntonsonadonder said...

Beautiful layout, love all the blues in the page. Thanks for playing along with Scrap it with a Song.

xx

Krafty Hugzz Kenzi x said...

Such cute pages, and what cutie pics, Love the shaped design,
Thanks for joining our Bingo Challenge at Paperplay
Hugz
Kenzie
Paperplay DT

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Such a cute layout. Love the title and those cute little robots. Hope you feel better real quick. Thanks for playing with us at Lasting Memories this week.

Carla said...

What a great layout!! Absolutely love your FANTABULOUS title! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap it With a Song!

Ros said...

Such a lovely page .. I hope you get better soon ... Many thanks for playing along at CCCB

WencheP said...

What a great layout, fabulous details. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Unknown said...

Fun pages:) I have always wondered how I could incorporate those robots into a page:) Thanks for the mojo! Hope you feel better soon!

Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!
Elizabeth DT
http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

Julie said...

Both of these layouts are just great. Thanks for joining us over at lasting memories

Denise Pustelniak said...

Fantastic LO, Caro! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!

Michele said...

This is so darn cute!! So sorry you are feeling under the weather. We are fighting it in our house too. (Not me Yet... knock on wood.)
Thanks so much for mustering up your last healthy bit of energy to join us at Lasting Memories this week!!
Michele
LMDT

Frances said...

Wow! Lovely creation! The colors you’ve used and the photos very pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Play Challenges this week! Hope you’ll join us again soon for some more challenge fun, Hugs,
Frances

Julia Dunnit said...

Im so late for WOYWW visits that I'm taking the rare chance to browse whole blogs - it's delicious! I hope you're feeling a bit better by now Caro. Love the LOs, what a great picture of your two boys!

Unknown said...

Super pages

kitten - DYSU team

nicollelovesscrapbooking.blogspot.com said...

Awesome LO's!Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap it With a Song!

Unknown said...

Thats no fun being sick. I do hope you feel better soon.. Your pages look wonderful.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

Lynn said...

Gorgeous projects! I love all the inking and stamping. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap It With A Song!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Fun and Sweet, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

ufoide@gmail.com said...

fantabolousssssssssssssss...i love die cut paper....thanks for this wonderful work for scrap it with a song :D

K Clark said...

love both of your pages!! great job!
thanks for sharing your memories with us at lasting memories - kimberly dt

Alan Scott said...

A BIG Thanks for joining in at Cards for Men. Good luck and look forward to seeing you back with us very soon.

Dana Tatar said...

Great pages! I love the water photos! Thanks for playing along at Scrap it with a Song!