Wednesday 24 November 2021

WOYWW 651

 Hello and welcome back to my blog for another edition of What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday hosted by the lovely Julia. Firstly an apology that clearing up after builders and a tonne of marking (300 scripts) prevented me from commenting on many posts last week, I hope to do better this week.  The good news is we finally have a kitchen floor, and the builders have started plastering the room - we hope they will have finished by the end of the week!  Anyway, I digress - you are here to see my desk...


My desk this week is a hive of Christmas card making activity.  I have finally started!  I even broke out the embossing powder for the first time in years.  On my desk is my trusty mug of tea, cards in progress including embossing powder, stamps, gold peel offs and heat gun.


I have made three designs of card this year, all of which are clean and simple. The penguin is painted with water colours, the others are stamped.  I think I nearly have enough now which is a relief.





Despite the marking and builders I have managed to get out for a few swims. I love the plunge pool as you know, and this week I had the most fabulous sunset swim in a much needed break from marking. That's all from me for now... trying to keep it short and sweet!

Take care and stay safe,

With love & God Bless,
Caro

xxx


18 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Love the cards Caro - great designs. Good luck with the plastering. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #17.

Christine said...

Love the photo of you in the bubbles....
Never thought of using embossing powder.... I tell you the inspiration abounds on these desks, thank you.
Hope the builders stay true and you're in the kitchen soon
Christine #04

Mary Anne said...

I love that tree design - the simple ones are often the most striking. Enjoy your swims!
(I should be cooking but I can't help but desk hop for a bit!)
Happy WOYWW
Mary Anne (1)

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Well done on the Christmas cards - I think that's what they call CAS. Why overcomplicate things, right? I would enjoy the swimming too if the water was 30C+ - a nice thermal spa or something. I'm too much of wimp to get into cold water, though I know it's good for you and it must have been magical in the sunset. xx zsuzsa #20

Helen said...

I'd love to see the kitchen when done. What a relief that will be. Well done on the cards . Helen #3

Julia Dunnit said...

It does look as though you’re in a spa pool Caro, I can see why you enjoy the plunge pool, it is lovely to look at!! Look at you getting the cards done too, you’re the time management Queen you really are! Great news about the kitchen, things will be straight in no time at all now.

Elizabeth said...

Glad to hear you have a floor at last, Caro. I feel for you as I don't do well when there's a lot of disruption. And the marking sounds horrendous too. It's just as well you have your swimming for relaxation. Those are lovely cards you've made. I like clean and simple designs too. Have a good week and happy WOYWW. Elizabeth x #6

Twiglet said...

Gorgeous photos and well done on the marking - what a challenge. You will really need that swim after all that close work. xx Jo

Annie said...

Great news on the kitchen and well done you with the Christmas card making.
Hugs,
Annie x #9

Stacy Sheldon said...

I love that you are painting penguins Caro. all these cards look great. I think mine will be on the CAS side too. ( I will start making them this weekend I think) ~Stacy #22

Crafting With Jack said...

Oh that was a lot of marking to do! You will be relieved the floor is finished. Great job with the cards. Happy WOYWW Angela #11

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Caro. Beautiful photographs and the cards are looking good too. Christmas will be here before we know it. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x14x

StampinCarol said...

Great cards!
And hope the kitchen works goes smoothly and fast.
What wonderful sunsets to swim to!
Have a great week!
Carol N #21

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Your cards are fab!! I do love a clean and simple design and those are great. I remember the first time Julia showed me embossing, I was like Wow, it’s Magic! So pleased that your kitchen is finally getting sorted, hope it’s done for Christmas!
Hugs LLJ 12 xxx

Neet said...

Lovely photos of sunsets and you in the water and what pretty Christmas cards you have been making.
I am so glad you have got a proper floor now, I cannot begin to think how you are coping with it being so near to Christmas.
Hugs & Blessings Neet 2 xx

Spyder said...

I wish I could do simple, then I'd get more done! These are lovely. And is that ICE behind you in that water! BRRRRRrrr! Stay Safe! Keep on Crafting. Happy late WOYWW!?((Lyn))#16

Lynnecrafts said...

Love your cards, especially the plump penguin. Hope your building works is over soon.
Take care; have a good week
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 7

BJ said...

Well done you on the Christmas cards, love clean and simple. Really enjoying the Hebrew, just learning the aleph-bet at the moment and that has a load of deep meaning within each letter and how they are ordered and numbering too. The whole bible story can be told through the FIRST word in the Bible, that blew my mind. Youtube videos are brilliant, there is a wealth of stuff out there. BJ#5