Wednesday 1 December 2021

WOYWW 652

 Hello and welcome back to my blog for another edition of what's on your workdesk Wednesday hosted by the lovely Julia...


Truth to tell my desk is pretty empty as I am doing online student interviews for medical school today so need the peace and quiet of working at home.  You can see my laptop, my ipad and my mouse and that's it - Tim is currently making me a mug of tea to have before the interviews start.


There has been very little crafting this week as there has been wall paper stripping, repairing of plaster and other DIY related things... I did manage to write our Christmas letter which I am currently printing out to include with our cards.


Storm Arwen brought with it several inches of snow - Alex was camping with Explorers as part of his DofE training weekend and ended up with the tent collapsed almost on top of him...needless to say he retreated to the scout hut the following night. 




I had my first snow swim of the year and continued with my challenge of no neoprene although I may have to put gloves and socks on if it gets much colder as the fingers and toes started to get rather painful!  It was beautiful and wonderful though.


That's all from me for now.  I will leave you with a photo of Alex wearing the John the Baptist outfit ready for Sunday's Toy service which I am leading.  Alex has kindly agreed to wear it on the day and we hope it will make people laugh.

Take care and stay safe everyone,

With love & God Bless,
Caro

xxx

13 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Well done Alex for camping through Storm Arwen, it must have been a challenge and I’m glad they went back to the scout hut. I think you’re wonderful if a little potty for still swimming but you know what you’re doing, just be a bit careful.
Hope the interviews go well today!
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

Annie said...

Brrrrrrr it looks so cold to be swimming...please stay safe my friend.
Love the last photo of Alex.
Hugs,
Annie x #9

Mary Anne said...

Camping in a storm! Jiminy. Glad he made it back safe and sound in one piece - but with his cold-water-swimming mom, not at all surprising he is made of hearty stuff!
Tidy desk, tidy mind, right? You'll need that for the interviews :)
Happy December & Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (1)

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

In one photo you're wearing a wintercoat, scarf, hat, the works - in the next you're in the icy water! It would take a million pounds to get me in that water and you're doing it for free, calling it wonderful LOL! Looks like you had a bit more snow than we did - I get excited even if we just get a little dusting! I thought Alex was a character out of Harry Potter! It's nice of him to play along. Hope your students were not too stressed about their interview and you went easy on them! Happy December! xx zsuzsa #18

Diana Taylor said...

I can imagine how invigorating it must be one you are actually in the water, but it's the in between bit going from fully clothed to fully submerged that I imagine to be the worst bit! That must have been quite an experience for Alex camping out in Storm Arwen, glad he got a night in the Scout hut.
Hope you have a good week and your interviewing goes well today.
Diana xx #15

Crafting With Jack said...

Poor Alex being out in that storm! He is a brave lad and kind too for wearing the outfit L). Happy WOYWW Angela #13

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

That is one clear desk but sounds like you've had plenty to do so the desk will just have to wait. Wishing you a very happy and creative (maybe) woyww. Hugs, Angela x16x

Twiglet said...

Oh well done Alex - on the camping and the wig/beard combo! You amaze me with your swimming - enjoy the boost it gives you! xx Jo

Stacy Sheldon said...

Oooh I hope you do use the neoprene Caro, I am sitting here shivering thinking of it. I am totally impressed you have done a newsletter too. I find the hardest part of Christmas cards every year is doing the insides. :) ~Stacy #23

Helen said...

I think Alex is made of sterner stuff than me, I'd have run for home! Well done on the snow swim, even if I do think you are crackers!! Hope the interviews went well today. Helen #2 Happy WOYWW

StampinCarol said...

Hope the interviews go well. Alex looks pretty good considering a collapsed tent. The scenery looks sooo very cold and so does your swimming!
Have a great week!
Carol N #22

Sarah Brennan said...

Hope the interviews went well Caro. Glad Alex survived storm Arwen OK - should make his actual expedition seem like a walk in the park. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Julia Dunnit said...

I’m amazed that Alex got any sleep at all that weekend, can’t have been much, gosh how resilient! Your desk does look very business like I must say, so I hope the students all interviewed well and no doubt Tim kept the tea flowing! Well done on getting a newsletter done, a great reason to refer to your diaries…that would be me lost down the rabbit hole of memories for a while, another job not quite done!