Friday 10 October 2008

Busy time

Well it has been a busy couple of days since I last posted. Work yesterday was completely insanely busy..I didn't stop most of the day trying to get different jobs finished off, supervise my students and technician etc. Then today I have had a day off work cleaning, cooking, shopping, playing with Alex and crafting. Alex and I went to the playground this afternoon in a howling gale so we didn't stay long as he started to freeze. This photo is of him having fun in his bath to warm him up.
I have done quite a bit of crafting over the past few days...we had some extremely sad news yesterday as Tim's cousin's little boy died at 5 months of age. He simply went limp while breast feeding so they rushed him to hospital, but sadly they couldn't revive him. I made this card for them, I hope that it is appropriate as I have never made a sympathy card before. I used another cuttlebug embossed design (courtesy of Gill) and coloured it with chalks.
The next few cards all use Cuttlebug embossed images...this first one was embossed onto vellum (thanks Kath!) and has been coloured with Sakura stardust and then layered over K&Co vintage Christmas paper.
For this one I brayered over the back of the embossed image in blue to make the snowflakes stand out and then added the little die-cut snowman (courtesy of Christine).
For the final one I used free paper, a cuttlebug embossed design on blue card (courtesy of Christine) and a Crafty Individuals image (courtesy of Kath). I am so grateful to everyone who has kindly embossed bits of card for me and sent me supplies...thank you all! Have a great weekend everyone.
Love,
Caro
x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such a tragic event for your family - my sympathies are with you and the card looks perfect, people do appreciate your thoughts.

Lovely cards overall, you have made some lovely stuff with these embossed bits - inspiring.

Cleaning and tidying! Wow, how do you fit it all in?

xxxxxxx