Friday 17 October 2008

What a fiasco!

Well today didn’t go according to plan at all....I was supposed to have undertaken my first ever PhD viva as an examiner, but it didn’t happen. The external examiner contacted me late last night to say that he wasn’t coming and I had to spend the entire day sorting out the consequences and re-arranging the date. All very frustrating and understandably upsetting for the student. Never mind, at least it is the weekend now and I can leave all the work stuff behind me and focus on having fun with Alex. He has recovered from his sore throat and is a complete little pickle, full of mischief and fun, liking anything that is rough and tumble or makes a loud noise. I have been trying to go out in the garden with him each evening to give him some much needed fresh air, but I have to say it has been getting rather cold - hence the trendy hat! We wont be able to manage it when the clocks go back as it will be too dark so we are making the most of it while we can. We have had fun, playing chase round the garden and scuffing through the leaves to hear the crunchy noises they make. I have done a little crafting over the past few days making some more Christmas cards with the Cuttlebug embossed images. These three cards all use parts of the same cuttlebug image...economical! As a special request I have also made a repeat of the pressed flower ATCs I made some time ago for a friend from the forum. That is all from me for now, so have a great weekend everyone.
Love,
Caro
x

No comments: