Wednesday 25 March 2009

Still busy!

I had Monday as annual leave so Alex and I spent the day playing together, although sadly Tim and I also had to do some work on tim's IB50 form. It was wonderful to play with Alex although he was clearly missing his Grandma, constantly asking for her and then saying in a sad voice 'Gramma gone'. The weather wasn't quite as nice so although we did go to the park in the afternoon we got rather blown to bits! Needless to say that Alex also spent ages going round the house on his sit on car - his new favourite toy!
It was back to work with a vengeance yesterday as I had lots of meetings, editing, writing and marking to do and today wasn't any better. I did manage to get everything done, just, but it was rather frantic and I didn't have a lunch break either day. It was nice to get home in the evening and play with Alex, feed him and get soaked by him in his bath. He is so chatty and lively that he is becoming a great companion.
I have finally managed to do a little crafting in the form of another fatbook page for the Oriental swap. This one I have tried to make vintage in feel with gently stamping some oriental writing in the background, then two large red Oriental writing on the corners and then adding the eyelets, gold thread and charm.
In comparison the back is very simple with the writing background stamp and then a Japenese painting.

I also joined a paper weaving ATC swap on the CMPC forum and made this ATC by weaving two different pale green cards, then embossing a leaf pattern on it, which I highlighted using green chalk, and then stamped, painted (using twinkling H2Os) some little Penny black images and then stamped the sentiment at the bottom. The label shape for the ATC was cut using my new label nestability set. Have a good week everyone.
Love,
Caro
x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see Alex back on form. Lovely craftwork.

xxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

fab paper weaving atc Caro :)