Wednesday 13 February 2008

Taking a break

Wednesday and work is over for the week as I am taking the next two days as annual leave. What a great feeling! It hasn’t been a bad week really as I have submitted two abstracts (short summaries of data generated within the lab) for publication in a scientific journal and for presentation at a conference in London. I have also written the first draft of yet another grant application… a much shorter one this time, thank goodness! My boss is away for three weeks from now so we had a strategy meeting today so I know exactly what I am doing for the next month which is helpful. Still going to be very busy though!
Alex is still a delight to spend time with…yesterday I had to have him in work with me for a little while and he charmed everyone, smiling away and happily being passed round from person to person. He really is quite a sociable little chap which is very nice. We have had fun in the evenings playing with different toys…Yesterday we played with cars and he loves pushing them around the floor and watching them whiz round his garage. Today we played with balls, although he doesn’t really understand them yet, he hangs onto them after I roll them across the floor to him and shakes them around or hits things with them. It is very funny to watch.
I have had some time for crafting this week and made these two tags to match Tim’s Valentine’s card. They are to go on his presents (two computer games…not exactly romantic, but what he wants!).
This layout is of Alex and his cousin Daniel who is two months younger than him, on the first occasion that they met. The text reads ‘The first time the cousins met was so funny as they lay side by side gurgling and hitting each other’. The layout design is based on this weeks sketch # from Pencil Lines (I did it on time for once!), and the papers are all from a Making Memories set. I like the fun bright colours of this one… a complete contrast to last weeks. More soon,
Love
Caro
x

3 comments:

Momiji said...

lovely 'happy' layout! I am amazed at what you manage to fit in to your busy life!

Anonymous said...

Lovely layout and pictures again Caro - you are building up a beautiful keepsake here.

xxxxxxxxx

craftsbyjodi said...

cute layout... well done :)