Sunday 30 March 2008

A lovely weekend

The weather has been very kind to us this weekend…although it was revolting on Saturday afternoon it has been lovely and sunny the rest of the time. Our weekly family shopping trip was a great success, with us buying a set of wicker baskets to store Alex’s toys in. He has since had great fun taking things out of them…I have yet to get him to put them back in! Alex enjoys the weekends when I am around because then he has greater freedom and we spent much of yesterday afternoon with him crawling at great speed around the whole house to his great satisfaction.
Today Alex spent time drawing whilst sat on my lap (with me trying to prevent him from drawing on my desk!). He loves having a go when he is in the right mood, although his first experiment with stickers wasn’t quite as successful…they stuck to him and me, and it took a lot to get them to stick to the paper. All good fun. His artwork will be turned into a Birthday card for his Granny which I will show when I have the chance to do it.
This afternoon saw us heading out to the park where we met several friends, which was lovely. Alex wasn’t so keen on the swings today, but loved going down the slide and into the metal tube as this grin shows.
I have managed to do a little crafting as well which is nice. This scrapbook page is entitled ‘Bounce’ and is based on the fact that one of Alex’s favourite games is bouncing and then watching us bounce as well. This photo was taken last August when he was still quite little and the images and phrases of Tigger are from Sandylion paper. The orange springs are hand drawn onto the Bazzil cardstock. The journaling reads ‘Alex resembles Tigger in the fact that ever since he could support his head he has liked to bounce; in our arms, on our laps etc, which is why he loved his door bouncer’.
Finally I have made three Egyptian ATCs for the organised swap on the CM&PC forum. These all used stamps from the Tanda range, and a brayered butterscotch Adirondack ink background. The freeze was stamped in Adirondack Ginger and the central images in each case were stamped with StazOn black. I have never stamped onto metal before so was pleased with the royal vulture stamp. The gold cartouche was made by stamping into three layers of ‘metal magic’, and was a new technique to me, but one I am very pleased with. The final ATC does have a stamped verticle cartouche on it, but it hasn't come out in this picture sadly. I hope everyone else has had a nice weekend. More soon,
Love,
Caro
x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your little man is sooooo cute
and your Layouts faboulus as usual

have left you a present on my Blog

Anonymous said...

Oh, metal magic - now I'm going to have to investigate.

Love Alex in the tube, he looks as if he's disappearing into space.

Great tigger layout and lovely other stuff too.

xxxxxxx