Friday 9 January 2009

Friday at last!

Well, it is Friday and that means that I can play properly again. Considering that it is the first week back at work it has been hectic, but I have succeeded in completing the grant application, submitting a paper, writing two abstracts, reviewing a grant and analysing lots of data. I am definitely ready for a weekend off! Alex has been on cracking form and we have had so much fun in the mornings and evenings. He loves to chatter at us about what he is doing whether it is playing with his lego 'bwox' (blocks) and building 'towers', standing on something while saying 'up' then climbing down and saying 'down' or playing with his 'tanes' (trains). We have had some great games of chase this week and generally had loads of fun. Yesterday evening when I said 'Let's go upstairs and find Daddy' he ran to the stairs, climbed them and at the top called out 'Daddy, Daddy' in a very cute voice...it is the first time he has done that.
I have been on a bit of a crafting spree as the original safari ATCs I made proved so popular and there were requests for more please. This meant I made these 4 sets using a mixture of images and background, including some cuttlebug embossed backgrounds which are currently up for swaps on the CM&PC forum.
I have also made my card for this weeks Cuttlebug Challenge which was an all white card (except the greeting). This one is a thank you card for my Mother (so it meets the Daring Cardmakers challenge as well) using the butterfly die and emboss and two different embossing folders for the background. The embossing has been embellished with holographic glitter glue.
This final card was made to meet the Cuttlebug Spot challenge which was a mans card and used my new Jane Netley-Mayhew CD (a Christmas present) so also meets the Cute Card Thursday challenge! I coloured the stripes in with black pen and then chalked in between them with two different colours and used my other Christmas present of the nestabilities scalloped Oval for the sentiment. Have a great weekend everyone.
Love,
Caro
x

10 comments:

Deb said...

You have been busy, fabulous cards, your tiger is stunning.

Thank you for joining in the CCT challenge, have a great weekend!

Annie said...

you're obviously enjoying life to the full with your little one. Oh I so remember all those special moments even though my girls are both in their twenties now. Hope you're scrapbooking these memories cause sometimes they get lost in time.

I love your cards - the white is beautiful and the Jane one is stunning. Great CD - I have it too - love it.

Ann xxx

Allison said...

beautiful ATC's and your CB card is so elegant
Thanks for joining us this week
Cuttlehugs
AllisonX

Allison said...

beautiful ATC's and your CB card is so elegant
Thanks for joining us this week
Cuttlehugs
AllisonX

Anonymous said...

The Cuttlebug Challenge card is so very pretty!

Anonymous said...

You've excelled yourself here Caro! What lovely wildlife images. I'm not into buying CDs but having seen these images, I'm sorely tempted because I use wildlife images a lot for male cards and you've used yours beautifully.

That butterfly card is stunning!

So pleased Alex has picked up - are you recording his language development - isn't it exciting?

xxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Wow.....busy!!! Great cards! thanks for playing with us at Cuttlebug Challenges this week.

Captain Scrappy said...

What great things! Nice "manly" tiger card! Thanks for participating this week on CuttlebugChallenge :)
Jenn M

Unknown said...

Wow! You have been hard at work! I love that butterfly!

Linda said...

Beautiful cards, I really like the white one and the tiger one.