Saturday 3 January 2009

Lovely couple of days!

The last two days have been lovely. Alex has been on cracking form and we have had the greatest of fun with him sat on my lap drawing. I got him a colouring book today and he is beginning to get the idea of drawing on the pages of that and not my desk! We have played a lot with his new Duplo lego which he loves...making strange vehicles and people...and inevitably played with cars, busses and trains. The weather has been very cold, but dry so we have also spent time out in the garden which he very much enjoyed. The photo is of our evening storytime yesterday.
What made me laugh though was his obsession with my camera. My old digital camera still works so I let him play with it. He absolutely loved it and wandered around for much of the day saying 'Camma' and trying to take photos with it. Obviously aged nearly 21 months he doesn't really understand the concept of aiming the camera at something so most of the shots are blurred images that don't work at all or are of his thumb over the lense but this one was his 'artistic' shot of me that made me smile.
I have also had a great time crafting wise as during his afternoon naps or after he went to bed I have managed to do quite a lot. This card was actually made a few days ago, I just forgot to post it on here. It is my father-in-laws birthday card as he loves birds and birdwatching. The background is a Cuttlebug embossed image which I have coloured with chalks.
My parents in law gave me the Jayne Netley Mayhew CD from Joanna Sheen which has beautiful images of animals and nature so I made these simple but effective ATCs for swapping. I am determined to get back into swapping again soon as I haven't done any for ages.
I have also continued with the scrapbooking in the form of this 'Daffodil' layout. I kept it simple as I didn't want to detract from the photo. The cardstock is Bazzil and the paper and images are K&C0. The journalling reads ' Alex loved crawling around our garden in the Spring, but while he instinctively knew what to do with a stick (wave it around and hit things), daffodils were much more confusing. April 2008'.
The final scrapbook page details our usual bedtime routine and is of Alex being cuddled in my arms just before going to bed. The cardstock is Bazzil, the stamps are from Purple Onion and the journalling was done on ovals made with my new nestabilities. The Journalling reads 'Alex's bedtime routine has remained consistent since he was about 7 months old. He gets changed into his pyjamas and sleeping bag, then has story time and a drink before doing his teeth, having a nightime cuddle, saying prayers and having a lullaby sung to him before sleep'. The layout it based on Pencil Lines sketch #44.
I have started to organise my crafting area and in the process altered this pot (originally containing Alex's hydrous ointment) for all my pens. The Penny Black image is stamped in black, coloured in using watercolour pencils and matted using the Oval nestabilities. This is definitely an improvement on the crowded chipped mug that I was trying to use. More soon. Have a great weekend everyone.
Love,
Caro
x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you HAVE been busy.

So pleased Alex is picking up and love his photography - maybe a career in the making.

Beautiful craft work - especially that page with the daffodil - I loved that photo when you first posted it.

xxxxxxxx