Friday 30 January 2009

Spring Clean - part 1

Yesterday I took the day off work and while Alex was at nursery went on a massive spring cleaning splurge. The house had got chaotic and there were piles of things everywhere so I had a major clear out, re-organisation and proper deep clean...what a friend of mine calls ‘Bottoming’ (getting to the bottom of things!). I usually do this during my two week Christmas break but we were all too ill to manage it then. It was exhausting but very satisfying, although I haven’t finished yet! I have done the kitchen, sitting room and dining room including cleaning out cupboards, washing windows and windowsills as well as the hovering and dusting. I will be doing upstairs next week. It is so much nicer to cook in the kitchen now and to sit and watch TV in the sitting room and I am much happier as a result. Alex had a great day at nursery yesterday and by all accounts has been great at home with Tim today, albeit very tired. Bath-time was hilarious and very wet (for me and the bathroom floor!). Crafting wise I made a card for a family friend who has broken his hip. I always find get well soon cards for gents very difficult, but having found this great image of a bear on crutches the card came together fairly easily following the Papertake weekly sketch. The card also fits the brief to use one image, two papers and three embellishments for the Secret Crafter’s Saturday challenge. I have also managed to make a Valentine’s day card for Tim, which fits the Cute Card Thursday challenge. This one uses the weaving technique detailed on the Cuttlebug Challenge site. My weaving of two different cardstocks has then been embossed with the Cuttlebug Hearts folder (not sure how well the embossing shows up) and so this card meets the Cuttlebug spot challenge of making a card for your significant other. The gold heart is triple embossed metal magic which has been stamped into using the free stamp from the latest Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine, and finished off with a red ribbon, strip of gold hearts and Valentine’s day peel offs. As usual I would love to know what you think.
Finally I have been given these two lovely awards by Sally and Debbie. Thank you ladies. What you have to do is go to your pictures folder and open the 6th folder in that and then upload the 6th picture and tell us the significance of the picture. Here goes!
This picture is of me when I was nearly 4 feeding Fred, my Gran's very friendly Afgan hound. I am being helped by Gran and my brother is in the foreground...I loved that dog and followed him everywhere! I pass these awards on to Kerry, Frances, Allison, Heather and Tassy. That’s all for now so have a great weekend everyone.
Love,
Caro
x

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh well done on your bottoming, exhausting but satisfying.

LOVE those cards!

Great picture - the dog's lovely.

xxxxxxxxx

Tassy said...

Hi

Sew This N That said...

Thankyou for sharing your awards with me Caro, I am so honoured :0)
Wow doesn't time fly! Alex at Nursery....only seems like yesterday when we all were making you "new baby" cards lol :0)
**Hugs** Heather x

Jill said...

gorgeous card Caro I love the poorly bear aww thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill x

Allison said...

Thanks for thinking of me, will post it later, love the photo- dread to think which one I will come up with!card is fab too
AllisonX

Allison said...

Thanks for thinking of me, will post it later, love the photo- dread to think which one I will come up with!card is fab too
AllisonX

Mrs Mayne said...

Lovely cards! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge! x

Anonymous said...

Wow Caro I love the GET WELL card that teddy looks so good...Caroline73cmpc