Wednesday 14 January 2009

Revenge of the bug

I thought I was getting better on Sunday despite the fact that I wasn't really able to eat much, but sadly it didn't work out that way. I have been too ill to go to work at all this week, although with an abstract deadline looming on Friday I have had to do little bits of work each day. I had hoped to go in today, but I had an awful night last night, and to top it all off I am getting another cold! I object! Alex has been a little unsettled by the fact that his routines have changed as a result of our illness...he isn't unwell fortunately and has been to nursery every day this week, though he hates being dropped off by me and cries. When I have collected him in the evenings he is very confused that Daddy isn't in the car and keeps asking for him. This means that evening playtimes have been with all three of us romping around which Alex absolutely loves. His current favourite games are 'tower' which is building a lego tower, his 'tane' which is a Thomas the tank Engine train, and 'Makka shower' which is an episode of in the night garden which contains a water spout.
Despite having three days off work, being ill has meant that I have had very little energy for crafting, although I have attempted to do some in the form of three scrapbook pages. This first one I found the most difficult to put together because I couldn't seem to get the balance of the page right. It is of our trip to the Mary Rose last May. The journalling reads 'I have been fascinated by the Mary Rose since learning about her in history at school. Ever since she was raised from the sea bed I have wanted to go and visit, but it wasn't until 26 years later that I finally fulfilled that ambition. As well as seeing the actual ship I found the exhibition of the thousands of personal, domestic and military ites including tankards, cannons, bottles, rosaries and backgammon sets a fascinating glimpse of Tudor times'.
This second page, although a double page spread, came together much more easily. It depicts our trip to the Weald and Downland Open Air museum. The cardstock is Bazzill, the patterned paper K&Co and the flowers are Angel kiss. The journalling reads 'We all loved our day spent exploring the old buildings at the Weald and Downland Open Air museum. The mill was one of our favourite buildings and Alex was fascinated by the big waterwheel going round and the grinding wheels inside. He also loved being able to crawl around an old barn while we ate a very nice lunch followed by extremely yummy shortbread made with flour from the mill. May 2008'
I finished with ths page of Fishbourne Roman Palace. I used Bazzil cardstock, K&Co patterned paper, and Purple Onion fluorishes. The journalling reads 'I remember being fascinated by the beauty of the mosaics at Fishbourne as a child so it was wonderful to share that beauty with Tim nearly 25 years later. They are still amazingly beautiful, an outstanding example of Roman Art'.
I did manage to make a set of ATCs for the winter themed swap on the Time for Crafting forum. The background to these cards is Basic Grey paper stamped and embossed with snowflakes using pearl gold, then stamped with snowflakes in silver and snowmen in blue. The photos are my own and are edged with holographic glitter glue. That is all for now, All being well I hope to be back at work tomorrow. Have a good week everyone.
Love,
Caro
x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely ATCs and what lovely pages you've made of your visits. So good.

Great BUG on Alex's top! Made me laugh.

Hope you get well soon - your immune system must be low because of all the recent stress and illnesses - hope you can bounce back and get on an even keel soon.

xxxxxx

Anonymous said...

I really love the scrapbook pages well done..caroline73..cmpc