Thursday 24 December 2009

Christmas Eve!

I know I don't usually post on consecutive days but I just had to wish everyone a very happy Christmas for tomorrow and to share these photos with you. We have had a lovely Christmas Eve with an extra two inches of snow falling during the night resulting in lots of fun. Alex helped in every aspect of the snow clearing including scraping the car and digging it out so we could go to the service this evening. It was a bit slippery driving to church so I really hope we can get the car out tomorrow as we are due to go to Tim's family in Kennilworth and I will have a very disappointed small boy on my hands if we can't get there. Alex loved being pulled along on the sledge and found it funny to fall over in the snow (yes he did carry the scraper to the park and back!). He also enjoyed making and throwing snowballs at me for the first time. The grins on his face as he clambered around the snowy playground were great. It was a perfect Christmas Eve, especially as we got to church and Alex behaved himself so I could enjoy the service. I even got to do a little crafting and made a necklace to wear tomorrow and this scrapbook page following the theme from Scrap and Stamp of Christmas. The papers are all Jolly by Golly, the background cardstock is Bazzil, the stamps are purple onion and a cheap one from the local post office. The journalling reads 'Me proudly displaying my new Christmas presents - scarf, hat, gloves, umbrella, pashmina, boots and bag. Christmas 1977'.
Have a Happy Christmas everyone!
Love,
Caro
x

2 comments:

LazyKay said...

Great pics again and lovely layout.

Travel safely if you set off.

Happy Christmas to you all.

xxxxx

Regina said...

Merry Christmas to you! It looks likes Alex had a great time playing and helping! Love your layout! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week! I would love to see the necklace you made too!