Wednesday 23 December 2009

Finally ready!

I am finally ready for Christmas. Despite the 4 inches of snow we ended up with on Monday morning the gritters had been out round the estate so we could get Alex to nursery which was wonderful as while he enjoyed himself at his Christmas party, I cleaned the house from top to bottom. It was a proper spring clean, hoovering under the furniture etc. I have filled our recycling bin with rubbish from the study and actually now have a desk I can craft at. The house looks amazing and I am so much happier about things. Alex is getting rather excited about Christmas but mostly about seeing 'Gampa Feet' (Grandpa Pete) and the rest of the gang. Yesterday, while watching Free Willy (yes I am a total softie and I still like that film!), I wrapped all the presents...don't you just love it when presents are beautifully wrapped. I did two main styles of wrapping..blue on a silver background with blue and snow tags, and red on a green background with red and Christmas tree tags. They all look so pretty, but have had to be hidden in the garage as Alex doesn't yet understand about having to wait for presents. I completed the Christmas preparations with the dreaded food shop this morning...it was as awful as I expected and took hours, but at least it is done and there is lots of yummy food to look forward to. Everything is now ready and I am looking forward to a movie tonight and playing with Alex tomorrow before going to see Tim's family on Christmas day!Crafting wise I altered this little note book for Tim using images of one of the games he is getting for Christmas. There is a green see through outer cover which will protect this altered card page. As he likes to keep notes about the different game characters, quests etc so he doesn't forget things I thought a note book would be better than all the endless little scraps of paper that are floating round our study at the moment! This also fits with the SCSC which is last minute gifts. As I have had a little time to myself this afternoon I have also managed to complete a scrapbook page following this weeks Unscripted sketches layout (#36). The page is entitled 'Friends' and uses Basic Gray papers and stickers, flora doodle flowers and inkadinkado stamps. The journalling reads 'Despite living quite far away from each other we managed to see Eleanor and Rachel Restall quite regularly when we were growing up as our Mothers were best friends from university. Eleanor and I used to pretend that she was Snow White because of her long black hair, I was Sleeping Beauty because of my brown hair.'
Have a wonderful Christmas everyone!
Love,
Caro
x

6 comments:

Sarah said...

This layout is just a perfect interpretation of our sketch this week!!! Your papers are beautiful as is the pic you used.
Thanks for playing along with us again! I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Sarah M
Unscripted DT

Caryl P said...

How exciting to be finally ready....I hope to be ready today too! Beautiful scrapbook page, I love that you shared the journaling because it tells such a great story. Thanks for being Unscripted and have a wonderful holiday!

LazyKay said...

Wow, cleaned the house! Good on ya! I'm, unfortunately, not so inspired.

Love the layout and the gifts look gorgeous - I too like gift wrapping.

xxxxxxxxxx

Helen said...

Fab notebook!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

Cathy said...

Fabulous gift idea.
Thank you for joining in the SCSC this time.
Cathy xx

dstandard said...

awesome take on the sketch! Love the colors you chose