Wednesday 16 December 2009

Dips

I kicked off the Christmas season at work on Monday with the annual Christmas cooking competition, which this year was dips. I made a dip I nicknamed ‘Death by Garlic’ as the first version was far too garlicky. At the end of the day the final version came second out of the 12 dips that were entered (judged by everyone) so I was really chuffed. As usual there was a lot of joking and teasing and general laughter and fun which was lovely. Apart from that work is chaos as I am trying to finish off three grants by Friday – somewhat stressful! Alex is in much better form and we have had a lot of fun this week playing with his cars, and yesterday he decided he wanted to play with the camera. He doesn’t really want to aim it at anything, as what he was really interested in was the flash and got most upset when he accidentally switched the flash off! I think I have finished my Christmas shopping except the food so all that is left to do is to make the fudge, a couple of necklaces, and tags for the presents and of course to wrap all the presents (I haven't started that). On that note I also made my last Christmas card this week which followed the sketch and stash sketch. I used entirely old stash for this and it fits with the Sparkling winter theme from Kaboodle Doodles, Yuletide wishes from My Time to Craft, and the snow theme from Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge.These tags also fit with the snow theme and the dotty theme from Daring Cardmakers and are the first of many I have to make. I hope you all have a good week.
Love,
Caro
x

10 comments:

Lilacanglia said...

Gorgeous card,
Thanks for joining us at Kaboodledoodles,
Have a super christmas,
Hugs
Angie

mudmaven said...

Great cards! Thanks for playing our Kaboodle Doodle challenge again. Love seeing your entries! ~chris

Lesley said...

Beautiful tags! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards and congratulations on coming 2nd with your dip.

Thanks for joining in with the Kaboodledoodle challenge.

Helen said...

Fab cards!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

Lynda said...

Love your card and the tags are beautiful. Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

Lynda xxx

Pat said...

Beautiful card, thanks for joining in the challenge at MTTC this week.

Pat xx

Chrissie said...

Great projects!
Thanks for joining in the challenge at MTTC this week!
Chrissie

LazyKay said...

Well done with your dip. The fudge sounds YUM, I think I must have a go at making some of that after seeing the price of it at the food fayre.

Love the cards.

xxxxxxxxx

Daniele said...

great cards thanks for joining us at MTTC hugs x