Friday 25 July 2008

The weekend is here!

Yippee! The weekend is here, and what is even better news is that I have finished my grant (near enough) so don't have to do any work on it this weekend. One of my senior colleagues has been fantastic at helping me write this grant so it is as good quality as we can possibly make it. Here's hoping that it gets funded although we wont find out for ages. The other main work project for the week has been editing my Taiwanese students first year transfer thesis. This is the thesis that she has to pass to allow her to progress to doing a PhD. Bless her she is really struggling with the English for this one and in learning how to think about the interpretation of the data in a broad enough manner. She will get there but it is tough going.
Alex is still struggling with his cold, bless him, especially at night as he has a bit of a nasty cough which keeps waking him up. He is also still off his food, anything with the slightest lump in it gets spat out. I have finally managed to get him eating a vegetable and meat based soup rather than just having desert, but we are not back to normal yet. We have had the greatest of fun in the evenings though as the weather is dry so we have been out and playing in the garden. Yesterday we also did some drawing, and today we have been reading a book with flaps hiding pictures of animals which he loved.
I have been messing around with doodling again. I decided that I wanted to try adding a stamped star image on these and then follow the lines out and fill in the resultant shapes. This was a new idea for me which worked quite well and I am quite pleased with how these two turned out.
I decided that having organised my ATCs into folders, it was time I organised my inchies as well so that none of them get lost. So I bought a cheap A4 file and covered it with wrapping paper and added some silver and blue peeloffs to decorate it, and my inchies are now in protective sheets inside.
Finally I made this scrapbook layout of Alex's birthday. The layout is loosely based on this weeks sketch from PencilLines and uses a complete mixture of papers and cardstock (Basic Grey, Bazzill, Junkitz and American Traditional Designs), Papermania and Stickles stickers. The ribbons were a kind gift from Gran. The title speaks for itself 'Balloon' and the journalling reads 'Alex loved playing with the balloons on his 1st Birthday'.

And just as an aside...if you are interested in some crafting Blog Candy, then pop over to Funkyhand who is celebrating 2 years of trading. More soon,
Love,
Caro
x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done on getting your project finished.

Hope Alex soon gets well from his cold, they do hang on when they are small.

Lovely crafting work. I particularly like that balloons page, really good.

xxxxxxxxxxx

domestic goddess said...

Hi Caro, love the balloons on this layout.I cannot believe how fast Alex is growing! Hope you are well
anna xx