Friday 6 July 2007

I did it!

Tidied my craft space that is! It took me a couple of hours while Alex watched me in his swinging chair, but I suceeded...my half of the study is nearly tidy! OK, OK, there is still a little bit to do as you can see the wooden tray on the desk is a mess, but I actually have a desk to craft on. Or should I say had? No sooner had I finished tidying it then I received an urgent phone call from my Mother asking if I had remembered it was a family friend's (David's) 60th birthday this weekend and had I made a card. The simple answer to that was no, so out came all the card making kit and the desk was a tip again!
I really didn't know what to do for the card, as I find making masculine cards really tricky, but in the end I used a mandala stamp I received free with Scrapbook Inspirations and mounted that on sticky pads over a dark background. The brads, writing and numbers are copper peel offs and the card was decorated using chalks and ink pads around the edge. It was great to be crafting again even if it was in a bit of a rush. Let me know what you think!

Love,
Caro
x

No comments: