Wednesday 5 September 2007

card making challenges

Over the past couple of days I have set myself the challenges on various card making sites and have managed to make 4 cards. This first one is from the Card Positioning Systems site (challenge #28) and uses BasicGrey patterned paper, an image of wine bottles cut out with pinking scissors mounted on dark green card, a Happy Birthday stamp free from one of my magazines with the image stamped in dark green and dark green ribbon. I was quite puzzled as to how to use this sketch initially, but am thrilled with how it turned out and think that my future brother-in-law will like it.
This second card is for my brother-in-law whose Birthday isn't until October, but I am trying to get ahead based on the fact that I go back to work on Monday and don't know how much time I will have for crafting. This is based on the CPS sketch #29. The patterned paper is BasicGrey and the image of the wine bottles has been decoupaged. I am relatively new to decoupage, but have decided that if the cutting isn't too fiddly I really enjoy it and like the effects it creates.
The third card is based on last weeks sketch from Sketch This Cards! (#24). I just love the bright colours of these papers from Art From The Heart, and the flowers in the centre were cut out from one of these papers, finished off with a small angel kiss and a bright orange brad. This is a funky card that doesn't have a destination as yet...just trying to build up a backstock of nice cards for emergency use.
Finally, this is a card based on this weeks sketch from Sketch This Cards! (#25) and funnily enough, as it uses a blue theme, and a stamped image works well for last weeks Wednesday Stamper challenge as well! The papers used for this are from Sassafras Lass, and the flowers are from Hobby craft.
No time to write more now, all is well here, Alex is looking and feeling much better so is less inclined to cry and be clingy, although he still feels a little hot to the touch. He keeps on rolling onto his front and getting stuck which is quite amusing. I am looking forward to when he works out how to roll back again so I don't have to turn him over!
Love,
Caro
x

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its lovely Card.

Paula J Atkinson said...

Very pretty, i love those papers.

Maggie Ann said...

Your blue card is absolutely my favorite...it just speaks to me..=)

K said...

lovely cards!

mum-on-the-run said...

Well done on all the challenges!! Lovely cards!!

Dymphie said...

You have been busy :) Love all your cards.

Andrea, said...

Great challenge cards

Anonymous said...

Great work.

jo said...

Love the cards.

My daughter was born in April too and has just learned to roll on to her tummy which is brilliant for about 5 minutes then she gets bored and I have to turn her over!